Help with Epson inks and resetting device

bobjoek

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
coldlshower said:
bobjoek,

You're absolutely right for Epson 1400. So far I am happy with damper carts and its performance. What I noticed was that blue color (sky) is blusih, not that blue as you see sky. All other colors look the exact the same betwen those on screen and glossy photopapers.

BTW, how do you keep your carts from drying and how often do you do nozzle checking/head cleaning? The reason is that I do not print pictures now that often as before.
If your colors are off the solution is a custom ICC profile for the inks and paper that you are using. Check your paper manufacturer to see if they have ICC profiles for their paper and the Epson 1400. If this does not work then InkJetCarts can provide a custom ICC profile. Just explicitly follow the instructions on their web site. I believe there is no charge for current customers.

I don't have a drying problem with the damper carts, as I keep ink in them and they remain in the printer. Nozzle checks are performed weekly. So far I have not had any need to do head cleaning. The Epson 1400 uses dye inks, which are much less prone to clogging than pigment inks.

Bob

coldlshower

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
jtoolman said:
I am also using Inkjetcarts's Refillable Damper carts with reset to full sliding switch Chip.
When you get a "EmptyCart" Notice you click the INK button and the carriage will move to the cart change position. You then turn OFF the CHIP and click the INK button, now ALL the carts will read empty. Next you switch the chip back to ON and click the INK button again and ALL carts will ow read full. OF course you need to refill all your carts as you are bipassing the ink monitoring system and carts that may have been 50% low or almost empty will now falsely read as full. Not quite auto set but at least ALL the cart positions are reset to full. Less instances of having to reset an empty position. Some other CHIPS will only reset a single position at a time so you will be constantly resetting ramdom carts as they read empty. Not to mention the reduction of ink recharging cycles that occur after each cartrige change.
Bob, here is another question for you. Your post and a video from Inkjetcarats.com were very useful to understanidng the chip settings.
I can follow you what you are saying here. My question is at what step you refill inks. I assume that inks should be filled just before turning on the chip. In another words, set the chip off, fill inks, set the chip ON and then hit INK button. Please advise me if I am wrong. Thanks for your precious advise.

bobjoek

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
coldlshower said:
Bob, here is another question for you. Your post and a video from Inkjetcarats.com were very useful to understanidng the chip settings.
I can follow you what you are saying here. My question is at what step you refill inks. I assume that inks should be filled just before turning on the chip. In another words, set the chip off, fill inks, set the chip ON and then hit INK button. Please advise me if I am wrong. Thanks for your precious advise.
It does not matter at what point in the chip resetting process that you fill the carts, as the chip does not sense the actual ink in the cartridge. I usually fill the carts first, then reset the chip.

Bob

irvweiner

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
I use the Costco Paper for family and friends, at times for club discussions. I consider the surface to be more of a semi-gloss not a mirror gloss.

81/2x11 is about $18 for 150 shts

4x6 is about $13 for 300 shts.

2 new sizes have been offered online: 13x19 and 11x14?

This paper has produced excellent prints for me on my Canon P9000 (dye ink) and my Epson 3880 (pig ink).

You are quite correct about the Canon 'red'--even with a separate Red cart the 'reds' print somewhat subdued. This topic has been brought up previously but solid results.

irv weiner

coldlshower

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Do you do printing 4 color bar chart on Epson 1400 (along with nozzle check)? I was advised to do it once a week.
But I could not figure out how.

gybbo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
My last printer - Epson 1400 photo stylus - gave 3 years good service, then had paper-feed problem (paper going through rollers at an angle), so bought a new one a few weeks ago. I have always used CISS systems with my Epson printers, and intended fitting one to the new printer once the cartridges had run out. These cartridges now have a hole at the rear on the underside to fit on a "spike" on the carrier - no doubt a new ploy by Epson to ensure sales of their own cartridges. My question is how do you refill this new type of cartridge as there are no points of access on the top of them.