Help with Canon color output

dvdit

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat,

Thank you for all your support. Last question even though not related to topic at hand, is it possible to fill the new opaque cartridges using the dripple method and a scale or is the German method better ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
dvdit said:
The Hat,

Thank you for all your support. Last question even though not related to topic at hand, is it possible to fill the new opaque cartridges using the dripple method and a scale or is the German method better ?
The dribble method only works with Canon cartridges that dont have a sponge in them sorry.
So no.. :(

dvdit

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
dvdit said:
The Hat,

The dribble method only works with Canon cartridges that dont have a sponge in them sorry.
So no.. :(
Thanks, German method it is then.

dvdit

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I successfully refilled the 226 cartridges using the German method for the first time today. It was much easier than I thought. Mikling from Precision Ink was instrumental (what an excellent service), not to mention all the help I got from forum members. I have now graduated from newbie to the next level. Thank you all.

dvdit

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I printed more pictures and discovered that blacks are not real black but more like greyish black. What are the possible causes ? I am using Canon glossy photo paper and IS ink with Canon OEM cartridge. I am using Canon own driver and I don't use any color management software.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
dvdit said:
I printed more pictures and discovered that blacks are not real black but more like greyish black. What are the possible causes ? I am using Canon glossy photo paper and IS ink with Canon OEM cartridge. I am using Canon own driver and I don't use any color management software.
When I print coloured photos which isnt very often my black comes out black and
I too only use Canon colour management for them all with I.S. inks.

This was done using only the three colours (CMY).

5128_untitled-1.png

dvdit

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
dvdit said:
When I print coloured photos which isnt very often my black comes out black and
I too only use Canon colour management for them all with I.S. inks.

This was done using only the three colours (CMY).

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/uploads/5128_untitled-1.png
I had the same photo printed at CVS pharmacy and the black suit I am wearing came out as jet black but come out as very dark grey when I printed it out at home. I also see a red cast espically noticeable on skin tones. I used Canon Glossy paper and use all available photo paper option and even used different computers and all came out the same. I also printed a disc with some black in it and again the black is not deep black, but looks like a faded black. What paper do you use and what is your selection (including color management) in Canon properties? Thanks, Hat.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
dvdit
What paper do you use and what is your selection (including color management) in Canon properties? Thanks, Hat.
I am using cheap Sihl photo paper for all my A4 photos, the setting are

Media Type Photo paper plus glossy
Print quality Standard

Color Intensity Auto
The printer does the rest..

Bertil

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Sihl is a very good photopaper -sold in Sweden where I live - by Lidl.I discovered it some years ago when visiting a Lidl shop in Germany.With my Canon 4200 I cant see any difference between Canons best paper and Sihl.Other good papers are sold by Pearl Germany-Schwarzwlder Mhle.Also vey favorable prices.
Bertil

dvdit

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
dvdit
What paper do you use and what is your selection (including color management) in Canon properties? Thanks, Hat.
I am using cheap Sihl photo paper for all my A4 photos, the setting are

Media Type Photo paper plus glossy
Print quality Standard

Color Intensity Auto
The printer does the rest..
It seems you are doing nothing to default setting and you get the black right. I have hooked, MG6120, IP4700 and IP5200 to three different Dell workstations and all get the black wrong when using Canon profiles. It is not my monitor or my eyes, because the print from CVS pharmacy photo shop is dead on accurate. Blacks are jet black and no red cast ( which BTW, was able to get rid off by making the ICC profile from Precision Ink the defalut, manually). The blacks are however still dark Grey.