Help needed for Canon IP6000 printer---- Ink problem

john cox

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Osage,

Thats great. I had looked up hobbiecolours on the internet but their site was very basic.
I have checked via ebay and found them as you said. It seems a great deal and also includes the cartridges. Do they ship larger quantities as I notice I use a lot of PM and PC ( nearly 4 times as much as the other colours)?

Kind Regards,

John

You certainly will not go wrong with Formulalabs or MIS inks. These inks have always gotten rave reviews on these forums---in terms of trouble free performance and very close to Canon OEM color balance.

One ink also worth mentioning is from hobbicolors--and they do international shipping but a pay pal account or knowing someone with a pay pal account may be required.---they mainly vend on ebay so just type hobbicolors on the ebay search bar. The extra charm of hobbicolors are the very cheap virgin empty cartridges they also vend with a screw seal.

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
To John Cox,

Sadly the hobbicolors website is not ready for prime time--good for little else than an e-mail contact address.
But the fellow at hobbicolors who fields the e-mails--Dave--is very good in responding fast--and yes you can customise your order--and since shipping costs will be fairly high it pays to order in bulk.--figure ink costs around $9.50 per 8 ounces.--not much more than that prorated in smaller quanities. Virgin BCI-6 cartridges at $1.65 each. Many just buy a kit--in your case a 6 color kit--and then add to the order.

Dave seems very flexable and does work with the customer----and I do note I am a purchaser of hobbicolors---but it was a real close choice over MIS or Formulalabs for me--it was the cheap virgin cartridges that tipped the balance for me. But its always your money and your choice. You will not go wrong with a highly rated ink.

john cox

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Osage,

Thanks for the advice. I will contact Dave and order as you say the basic kit plus some extra bulk PM, PC and black.

Thanks for all the advice and will report the results.

You are great guys.

John

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
John cox - I use an i960 six color printer and notice that yellow also goes a bit faster than M, C, or black. These printers do drink the PM and PC. I would get a little more yellow than black, M, or C, and lots more PM and PC as you suggested.

john cox

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks fotofreak,

I forgot about yellow. I will order a bit more of this.
PM and PC are used at least 6 times quicker than the rest I find.

john cox

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have now placed an order with MIS Associates based on all the advice received.
Fingers crossed for a successful outcome.

john cox

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just an update.
My inks arrived from MIS Associates. Great service, they only took 3 days to arrive from the US.
So far I have printed about 12 A4 photos and the colours are lovely.
It looks as though my previous inks were definately doggy.
I have downloaded the autoprint program from the MIS site so that I get a daily print out of all 6 colours to try and help avoid clogged heads.

Thanks for all your help.

Kind Regards,

John

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
john cox said:
I have downloaded the autoprint program from the MIS site so that I get a daily print out of all 6 colours to try and help avoid clogged heads.
Just to note John, with a Canon you're unlikely to need more than a print out every 3 days so I'd experiment at a little on that front.

Glad you're all sorted though :)

john cox

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Websnail.

I will work around that number of days and thanks again for your help.

Regards,

John