Help ip4500 has died need replacement QUICKLY!

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
DomtheMon said:
Hi

I have been using Canon printers for some time that use cli8/pgi5 cartridges. I refill these.

I print 250 full colour card club magazine covers every month, double sided, so 500 passes.

The printhead has died halfway thru printing this month, I have tried everything I have ever tried inc flushing, new cartridge (Cyan always seems to be the one that I have problems with!) and soaking printhead.

Accepting that the printhead is kaput, I have a problem. I bought the last two from Canon Outlet on ebay but I need to finish the remaining 300 passes by next Wednesday so I need to go out and buy a printer, ordering a printhead online or a ip4500 from canon Outlet is not an option for this month.

So my problem, the ip4600...... are these refillable? ASssuming not as everyone here seems to say go and an ip4000 series off ebay lol.

Can anyone suggest anything please? Help!! It needs to be no more than 80 ideally and refilling is a must as compatibles would be too expensive (it has cost me around 5-7 in ink every month, compatibles would cost 10x this)

Dom
You can refill these carts. Do a Google for info e.g. http://www.druckerpatronentankstellen.de/product_info.php?language=en&products_id=50667.

Remember though you'll lose ink monitoring and the new carts have less capacity than the cli-8 ones so keep an eye on them.

DomtheMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
wilko said:
DomtheMon said:
Hi

I have been using Canon printers for some time that use cli8/pgi5 cartridges. I refill these.

I print 250 full colour card club magazine covers every month, double sided, so 500 passes.

The printhead has died halfway thru printing this month, I have tried everything I have ever tried inc flushing, new cartridge (Cyan always seems to be the one that I have problems with!) and soaking printhead.

Accepting that the printhead is kaput, I have a problem. I bought the last two from Canon Outlet on ebay but I need to finish the remaining 300 passes by next Wednesday so I need to go out and buy a printer, ordering a printhead online or a ip4500 from canon Outlet is not an option for this month.

So my problem, the ip4600...... are these refillable? ASssuming not as everyone here seems to say go and an ip4000 series off ebay lol.

Can anyone suggest anything please? Help!! It needs to be no more than 80 ideally and refilling is a must as compatibles would be too expensive (it has cost me around 5-7 in ink every month, compatibles would cost 10x this)

Dom
You can refill these carts. Do a Google for info e.g. http://www.druckerpatronentankstellen.de/product_info.php?language=en&products_id=50667.

Remember though you'll lose ink monitoring and the new carts have less capacity than the cli-8 ones so keep an eye on them.
Many thanks, I wasn't completely sure because everyone here kept saying 'get an ip4500 instead' in other threads.

I can now confirm they have clear tanks and the procedure is the same as on ip4500 pre-chip resetter, ie you tell it that you want to over-ride the ink monitor as you say and then refill as required.

The fact they are smaller does mean, as you say, they have to be monitored more closely. I am printing A4 matt card with 4 x full colour photos, instead of doing 50 at a time am doing 25 at a time. In fairness I could probably do nearer 40 but am finding by doing it this way they are always topped up, which is doubtless the best way to go (on the ip4500 I sometimes found they ran dry which obviously didn't do it a lot of good)

Thanks again