Help ip4500 has died need replacement QUICKLY!

DomtheMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi

I have been using Canon printers for some time that use cli8/pgi5 cartridges. I refill these.

I print 250 full colour card club magazine covers every month, double sided, so 500 passes.

The printhead has died halfway thru printing this month, I have tried everything I have ever tried inc flushing, new cartridge (Cyan always seems to be the one that I have problems with!) and soaking printhead.

Accepting that the printhead is kaput, I have a problem. I bought the last two from Canon Outlet on ebay but I need to finish the remaining 300 passes by next Wednesday so I need to go out and buy a printer, ordering a printhead online or a ip4500 from canon Outlet is not an option for this month.

So my problem, the ip4600...... are these refillable? ASssuming not as everyone here seems to say go and an ip4000 series off ebay lol.

Can anyone suggest anything please? Help!! It needs to be no more than 80 ideally and refilling is a must as compatibles would be too expensive (it has cost me around 5-7 in ink every month, compatibles would cost 10x this)

Dom

DomtheMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just a note, I don't worry about a chip resetter, I just run it into the ground, so am happy to over-ride the chip and invalidate the warranty.

DomtheMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm surprised we have nobody here refilling ip4600 carts? Surely not everybody is buying up the last of the ip4500's and scratching their heads what to do next? I'm assuming ip4600 carts are clear and as easy to refill as the ip4500 (cli8's)?

DomtheMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If anyone can help and advise me I really would be very grateful. I see this has had 50+ views but no replies, I know I am a newbie and sorry if I am coming over as a bit demanding but I hoped this forum would answer my prayers!!

I'm going to have to go out and buy a new printer this afternoon and looks like I will just have to go with the flow and buy a ip4600 and hope I can fill it up easily enough. My plan is to keep the carts well topped up so the reservoir never drops to zero but I would have liked some reassurance from someone that this is a good plan being as I can't get an ip4500 in time!!!

Hoping someone can comment but if not just to say I have found some interesting posts here and have bookmarked the site

Xalky

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just get something that uses the cli8 cartridges that you're used to refilling. It should say on the box which cartridge they require.

I don't have any specific recommendations since my ip6700 just bit the dust this week and I have a pro 9000 that's been collecting dust for a year that I just set up. Both of those machines use the cli8 cartridges.

DomtheMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi - the problem is there is nothing off the shelf (in the uk) available that uses the cli8 catridges..... is there?

DomtheMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Right have decided to get an ip4600 and have ordered a replacement print head from ebay for the ip4500 so I can use that.

I'll report back here in due course about filling up the ip4600 and refilling and how it runs.

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score

DomtheMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, but if you read my first post the problem is that I need it like now, the printing has got to be finished early this coming week! Have been to local Comet and out of stock! Going over to next town tomorrow.

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, Just read your first posting (I usually just read the 'last posts') so I now see you know all about Canon Outlet.