Hello I'm Raoul, from Grenoble (France) and owning a (failing) Canon Pixma Pro 1

Raoul

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
Hi everybody, everything is in the thread title :)

Raoul

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
If it's too short, a little bit more:
I'm a retired mathematics teacher, and interested in photography (since my summer job in a Kodak factory in the 70's). I print for exhibition, and I'm a recent victim of the infamous B200 error.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I'm a recent victim of the infamous B200 error.
That’s sad, but have you tried anything to get around the problem !..

How old is the printer and how many prints has it done, and did it give you any problems before you got the error notice, are you using OEM inks or compatibles, is it worth saving or have you given up on the printer ?

Raoul

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
That’s sad, but have you tried anything to get around the problem !..

How old is the printer and how many prints has it done, and did it give you any problems before you got the error notice, are you using OEM inks or compatibles, is it worth saving or have you given up on the printer ?
Printer bought in 2015 for an exhibition, I don't know how many prints (mainly A3 or A3+ matt B&W prints). The printer was not used for the last 3 years (COVID). I was planning an exhibition for next december, so I plug it last week, and got the error.

After trying some tricks, the error disappear, and I've done 2 or three cleaning to get a perfect test page (and was happy to see it was perfect comparing to the nightmare I've got some years ago with an Epson A2 somebody gave me).
I've print around 10 perfect prints until yesterday, but the B200 is back, and I would like to save the printer (I've 30 new cartridge).

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I would like to save the printer (I've 30 new cartridge).
If you wish to save the printer then have a look around and try and pick up a new print head, we will give instruction on how to installed it.. Don’t get one from EBay..

Raoul

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
If you wish to save the printer then have a look around and try and pick up a new print head, we will give instruction on how to installed it.. Don’t get one from EBay..
Thanks a lot for your help !
I would like to know how a printer can print absolutely perfect prints and suddenly decide than the head need to be changed. Is there something to do to clear the defect and try to print (just to verify if the head is really faulty) ?

Raoul

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
After spending two hours reading your answers to all the victims of B200, I've followed your link to buy a new head, and ordered one:

Capture d’écran 2022-10-25 à 00.00.37.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
On last test print it's written 251-300 pages, that seems very few…
Print heads can go from good too bad in an instant, I reckon your problem was the period of down time it had, and the way you brought the printer out of that idealness, printers just don’t like being ignored and can, as in your case, respond by give a fatal error.

If you still have the error message showing then I would unplug the printer from the power socket and leaving it off until you get your new print head, because it makes it much more difficult to replace the head when an error is displayed..

Let me know when you’re ready and I’ll PM you the instructions..

Raoul

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 1
Thanks a lot, I will notice you when I will receive the print head.

[Off topic]
I see you are in Co. Wicklow,
I bought this printer because I was in 2015 invited to exhibit in Carrigaholt Co. Clare (and in Caherdaniel Co. Kerry) :)
[/Off topic]

Have a nice day !

Last edited: