Hello, I'm a semi-retired electronics technician kept very busy.

Technomaniac

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet 3325 C8949A
Hello All. I may be semi-retired but still working for myself for a 7-day week. I've been repairing TV, VCR, DVD and also antique clocks for more than 40 years, I'm pleased to have almost eliminated the domestic electronics repair but I don't think I'll ever be able to retire fully. I have heaps of projects on the go and as they run out they're replaced with new ones. I'm joining today because I'm in trouble with an old inkjet printer I'm trying to resurrect so that I can use it to print transactions on my new website. For five years or more, I've been "off-grid" and have been starting up my diesel power plant every time I need to print anything. As an inkjet printer uses much less power than the laser I've been using, I'll be able to run it from a small inverter. Running a laser from battery just isn't an option for me.
I'm in Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia, which is right on the Tropic of Capricorn, and I've found problems with the inkjets clogging up frequently with the ink printers, But that I'll need to put up with. At least they're OK in winter, when we have a winter. I'm joining because I need some assistance, but maybe I'll be able to help as well. Pleased to be aboard !
BruceBikeSized.png

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Welcome Technomaniac - There will be lots of help from the great members here so when you get back on the grid :caf and connect then shoot us some questions :thumbsup