head alignment i9950

Saphire

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9950
Yes the third one is original, the i865 produce good picture and i`m satisfied, maybe in scan loose some quality. Yes i9950 to me also look to red/magenta and when i look picture, like not to real. On i865 all was OEM inks, in i9950 are mix of OEM and replacement, I`m going to buy all OEM inks for i9950 and do test picture you recommended me, then everything will be clear. Thank you very much for advice and patience.
When I Install all OEM inks I will reply. BTW I`m using Windows XP.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
You cannot expect the colours to be perfect using a mixture of OEM and 3rd party inks. Use either OEM or 3rd party.

You might be able to tweak the settings to get better colours. Here is how; the language in my screen dumps is Danish, but except for the language your properties windows should be similar to those for the i965 printer.

Right-click your printer in the printers folder and choose properties and you will get this window:

i965--1.jpg

and click "Settings" marked in red, you will now get this window:

i965--2.jpg

The media setting drop down menu marked (1) holds a variety of photo papers, you can try them all. The choice of media has influence on the colours. You can also try manually correcting the colours by choosing (2) and clicking (3) set, adjust or what it might be called in your language. When choosing a photo paper as printing media the default quality setting is high (4), you can also try standard and user defined settings. When choosing manual colour/intensity (2) a new window that allows tweaking of colour settings opens:

i965--3.jpg

I suggest to start experiments by decreasing magenta 10 units.

Saphire

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9950
Thanks for advice I already try that and I spent 30 photo papers, and always have pretty much same result. What I can`t understand if you see the picture you will see on original that shirt is white and wall white-cyan with no red/magenta, (or I cant see on monitor), but when it prints here it is red everywhere.
Also I print test picture you recommended me on A4 photo paper, with no OEM inks, and result are remarkable, everything seems perfect. There is no red or magenta on white squares, it is just like i see on monitor.
So I`m very confuse about everything. I`m waiting for OEM inks then I try both photos again. I have feeling like photo and printer are not compatible somehow which I know have no sense.
Like picture is not good enough for this printer.
Only reason I`m bothering is that i865 do that picture perfectly all right. I will try also change the photo paper for i9950 and see results maybe paper is not compatible. BTW paper is genuine Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (satin). SG-201.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Do I understand this correctly? Even with after market inks the Printer Evaluation Image prints correctly, but your own photo has a strong magenta cast even if both photos look correct on your monitor?

I guess your photos are stored as .jpg? Windows should have no problems handling this format. You could try copying some of your photos into an image handling program and try tweaking the colours by reducing magenta. The processed photos will look too green on your monitor, but might print correctly. Always work on a copy of your photo, so you don't risk ruining your original photo.

This is not the proper way of solving the problems, but the only thing I could think of. Sadly I am out of ideas, as I don't understand the difference in printing the test image and your photo.

lowell374

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
CanonPro-100, E2000p, LexMark
This is not the proper way of solving the problems, but the only thing I could think of. Sadly I am out of ideas, as I don't understand the difference in printing the test image and your photo.
The only difference I could think of is if the two different images had different embedded colour space profiles. Sometimes, quite often actually, test images for printing have NO embedded profile; which is as it should be.
However, I don't know if the aforementioned difference would be enough to cause your problem.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Most certainly it would, so your answer is to import your photos into a photo application and not use the imbedded profiles just dump them and that would make a huge difference..

Saphire

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9950
Today came OEM inks I put them and it was just color cast. Now everything Is ok. Thanks for replies.