Grey lady Down...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Here is the latest saga on my efforts to get my poor beautiful lady back to work...

Getting the correct CR-10 board from Creality was relatively easily, I got one for €37, but it takes forever to get it delivered, (Another 3 weeks) so I got a CR-10S board from T-Best Wholesales Outlet for €33 and they delivered that in five weeks.

Now I was cooking with gas, and all I had to do was install it, so I taught, Wrong, I got the board in no trouble but when I fired it up, I got a continues Audible beep, so back to the drawing board.
Photo 3.jpg Old board..photo 4.jpg new Board

An hour or so of diagnosing and I discovered what was wrong, I now needed a new LED screen with two data cables and not the one as my old board had, I never shop on EBay, but this time I gave it a go and bought a new screen, only to find, they also take 4 weeks to Feckin deliver.

So I was still nowhere near printing again, and it looked like another couple of weeks wait before it was going to be possible, but @Redbrickman put me onto a new Ender 2 3D printer for buttons, and the best part is I’d have it in 7 or 8 days...
https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/i-was-bored-so-got-me-a-new-one.12409/

I am over the moon because I will get the smell of PLA plastic in my nostrils once again, O’ how I have missed twiddling this girls’ suspender to make her sing like a bird, and now all I got to do is line up the many projects I still have waiting.

This new girl is not as big as my old lady, but I’ll not complaining, she is only 150 x 150 x 200, and right now that’s big enough for me...

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Here is the latest saga on my efforts to get my poor beautiful lady back to work...

I am over the moon because I will get the smell of PLA plastic in my nostrils once again, O’ how I have missed twiddling this girls’ suspender to make her sing like a bird, and now all I got to do is line up the many projects I still have waiting.

That is an activity I have never seen described before :)........ as a matter of curiosity do 3D printers employ the equivalent of "printer profiles"?

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
That is an activity I have never seen described before :)........ as a matter of curiosity do 3D printers employ the equivalent of "printer profiles"?

Profiles can be stored in the "Slicer" software, that is the software that takes your 3D design and turns it into machine code that the printer can use to create the print. Literally amongst other things the slicer "slices" the model into single layers which the printer will then print, building up the model layer by layer. Also in the profile are settings such as temeprature of the nozzle and bed, diameter of the filament being used, speed of the machine and many more settings. There are many profiles for many different scenarios, i.e. printing with PLA filament needs a different profile from printing with ABS or Nylon. Getting the profiel jsut right for your printer reuires some tuning usually then it can be stored for later use.

3D printers also have firmware like many other devices and some firmware can have features enabled or disabled depending on what you have added to the printer. For example you can add a device to do auto-levelling of the print bed and then enable it via the firmware.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@Emulator, just having a 3D printer is a whole new experience, the 3D printer itself is no more than a big glue gun, that extrudes hot plastic in any shape or form you want.

There is one going right now for no more than a hundred quid and if your quick you can easily experience the world of 3D printer, its worth every penny so here’s your chance, I got a lend of €50 to get mine..
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...32817507647.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.4Ka2Xp

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Thanks for the responses, to the non participant these are not immediately obvious, but logical when explained.

Brian, I am now of an age where I am gradually trying to dispose of a lifetime of items that are no longer used. Whilst interested in the technology, I am not tempted to participate in the physical application.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@Emulator, I once taught that way too, but look at me now, enjoying every moment, and can't get enough of it...:D
I blame @Nifty for starting the whole obsession off here ...:lol:

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I blame @Nifty for starting the whole obsession off here ...:lol:
... and I blame you for getting me into it as well!!! :D

Brian, I'm super sorry to read that you're running into problem after problem. It doesn't help that each one requires another mulit-week wait!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
8 weeks in and still no sign of all the parts that I need to get down and dirty....:hu
Self-imposed solitary confinement is getting very hard to take I can tell you.... :barnie

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Ugh, I can't imagine that level of patience... and you know first-hand that I'm not a patient person! ;)

Latest posts