Greetings from South Lakeland in the UK

Clive Casey

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1 Canon Pro 100
Hi everyone and greetings from The Lake District. My name is Clive, I am 67 years old, retired cinema projectionist. I have been interested in photography since I was a young lad. The first digital photo I saw I thought it was dreadful, the grain looked like football. My wife bought me my first digital camera and printer together (Kodak) and it grew from there.
I am completely hooked on it now, the quality is fantastic. I have just about mastered my printers, I guess it doesn't help as I'm to tight to buy OEM inks. I have been using Precision Color inks, and I can honestly say, the results I am getting now are brilliant.
If anyone lives in the area please get in touch, and who knows, we could even meet up.
Regards, Clive

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, Clive. You are in good company here.

My grandfather was a projectionist (and spotlight operator). Being part of the group that created the union in Cleveland, he was the third man to get the union card. You might say he was no shrinking violet, especially after serving in WWI as a Master/First Sergeant in France.

Clive Casey

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1 Canon Pro 100
Welcome to the forum, Clive. You are in good company here.

My grandfather was a projectionist (and spotlight operator). Being part of the group that created the union in Cleveland, he was the third man to get the union card. You might say he was no shrinking violet, especially after serving in WWI as a Master/First Sergeant in France.
Hi, Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to message me. By the time I started in the cinema unions were almost a thing of the past. That was a pity because some of the cinemas needed a union to make them tow the line.
Regards, Clive