Green dirt on my prints

Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800
Hi,

I found today large green dirt on my 4x6 prints. This happened when I noticed that Light Gray in showed low ink warning so I thought this is probably because of this (i'm a newbie). After printing couple of more 4x6 I changed cartridge hoping that this green dirt will disappear. But I printed 5 more sheets and it's still there, having different forms but always in the beginning and end of the paper. I did
head cleaning and paper guide cleaning but that did not helped too. I still have these dirt.
Tried to search google but found nothing that would look like this.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Photo Jan 02, 6 10 08 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 02, 6 10 08 PM.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 262
  • Photo Jan 02, 6 10 17 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 02, 6 10 17 PM.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 292

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
are these spots always at the same location ? What type of paper are you using ? Is that really flat - still flat when coming out of the printer ? It appears to me that part of the paper is bending upwards - e.g. swelling from the ink solvent - and touching the printhead from underneath. You may try another type of paper

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi Alyaksandr and welcome, the most likely cause of your problem is excessive build up of ink on the underside of the print head which will need to be cleaned but before you do that you will also have to clean the parking station where the print head usually sits.

I am not too familiar with Epson printer so here is a video from our resident Epson genus @jtoolman and he explains it better than anyone I know on how to do maintenance and cleaning the underside of the print head.

Enjoy..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRZU1_XD7xE