Green cast on photo prints

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Vorkolor when you use the Manual Colour Adjustment in the Canon print driver, if can work extremely well at eliminating any colour cast in your prints, at no cost.

With several small test prints you can achieve the desired printout you’re looking for, and once saved in the Windows Control Panel they will remain there for all your future prints, as for these little lines, you can always use high quality output to minimise their effects...
colour.PNG click to enlarge.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
...... so I would prefer to just adjust the print driver. (Which I can do in Windows, but not in Linux :( ).......
I have done some experiments with Ubuntu and Linux Mint. Installing a Canon printer was easy, almost plug and play, but the installed drivers had very limited functionality. But it seems that full functionality drivers can be installed in Linux, see this thread by @MarksReMarks .

Last edited:

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
@Vorkolor : Just responded to your PM so once I have a clearer idea of what you're using the ink with (in terms of cartridges, etc..) I'll be in a better position to help.

I strongly suspect this is more of an ink feeding issue rather than a colour variance. Hard to say, until I have more info on the setup, though.

@Palatino : Thanks for the order information. I identified your order and given the information you provided I wonder if you received the wrong Cyan for some reason. Mistakes happen but definitely not what I would have wanted if that's the case. I'll contact you directly though, now that I have the order info.

ipfken

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just found this thread as I am having the same problem of a green tint....Trying to manually adjust the colours on my Canon ip4850 but doesn't seem to be working at all. I save the settings and make sure I am clicking on to the profile prior to printing but the print is no different. Don't think the settings are actually working. Have I missed something in the process?

ipfken

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
@PeterBJ . Thanks for the zip file which I will definitely put to use once I can solve the mystery as to why the colour correction sliders don't seem to be working. No matter how much I slide them nothing appears to change! Maybe it is a glitch in the Canon programme so might have to resort to uninstalling and reinstalling. Can't think of anything I have missed but was hoping maybe someone else had had the same problem and found the answer.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@ipfken, to use the Manual Colour correction properly you need to access it in Devices and Printers, once there you can make the necessary adjustments and save these setting permanently, so you don’t have to keep resetting the colours each time you wish to print...

ipfken

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
@PeterBJ. Well I am a happy bunny......uninstalled and reinstalled printer programme and everything is now sweet. Used your colour correction picture and sure enough came to the same conclusion as you....M+30! Thanks again.

ipfken

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
@ipfken, to use the Manual Colour correction properly you need to access it in Devices and Printers, once there you can make the necessary adjustments and save these setting permanently, so you don’t have to keep resetting the colours each time you wish to print...
Oh, I just made a portrait and landscape profile for each of the sizes I normally print and saved them. That way I thought it would save my altering anything other than selecting the one I want.