Grainy prints on Epson 1500W on thick paper

middlehouse

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Epson 1500W
I am using the "Epson Easy Photo Print" program, the one that came with the printers own CD! I've been using the same paper pad for all the prints, the paper I've used is this one.
The papers different sides are not behaving differently!

I tried again with my other unbranded craft paper, and they came out perfect, they look and feel almost the same, the Canson one being 200g and this one 150g.
I also played around with the settings too. Not sure if it helped with it. I do like the texture they both leave on the prints and that's why wanted to keep using them!
I also found the setting for thicker paper as it was hidden away on the printer repairing tab, I would've never thought of looking there for such an option.

Thank you for the informative reply mikling! Need to keep that in mind when I test for my art prints!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@middlehouse, I reckon you need to find a different paper to use because this is the description given on the webpage you listed for that paper. !

Canson Mixed Media Imagine Pad

A4

200gsm

50 Sheets

Gummed pad.

This is a new pad from canson, with a 200gsm paper its a lighter weight and smother paaper than the XL 300gsm Mix Media pads but is ideal for those artists that are not going to use lots of wet media

Ionlab

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF3540
Hi, I had the exact same thing happen to me when I bought "thick" paper from a local warehouse. It is the paper and the lack of coating....You CAN probably make use of your paper by doing a combination of the following things.
DO NOT print in best/very best settings (photo/photo RPM) (I believe EPSON everyday photo paper has a "good" setting)....you need as less ink as possible to drop on the paper but you also do not want to enter plain paper quality (draft, normal)
DISABLE bidirectional printing you need as much time as possible to pass before the ink is sprayed on the paper
Print in BW
Also use the thick paper option (although it does not affect the image)

You can see that it is the paper that is the culprit if you lift the cover and examine the print as it forms with each pass of the printhead. As the ink is sprayed the quality is excellent.
As soon as it passes under the printhead and heads for the exit it deteriorates as its spreads on the paper....

The effect I get from my POOR non PHOTO PAPER is similar to using using say a watercolor effect...

Last edited: