Going from Canon OEM to Octoinkjet ink on pro 100s

David.4

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100s
Hi Max (sorry David; or is it just 4).
That would go back toooo long ago.
I had started with Precision but then had shipping issues across the border.
I live in Canada and back not too many years we (the small time receivers) almost always had been given trouble with shipments from the south. Many times the Border Services didn't want to do the opening, so they would sideline a shipment to a "broker" to give them a manifest, a piece of paper that said what's in the package. That would add easily $25 to a shipment.
So I had switched to Octoinkjet, and as you may recall they ship from a country (UK) that is friends with Canada ^_^.
So sorry no, I can't compare.
Hi Max (sorry David; or is it just 4).
That would go back toooo long ago.
I had started with Precision but then had shipping issues across the border.
I live in Canada and back not too many years we (the small time receivers) almost always had been given trouble with shipments from the south. Many times the Border Services didn't want to do the opening, so they would sideline a shipment to a "broker" to give them a manifest, a piece of paper that said what's in the package. That would add easily $25 to a shipment.
So I had switched to Octoinkjet, and as you may recall they ship from a country (UK) that is friends with Canada ^_^.
So sorry no, I can't compare.
Hi Kdsdata, Thank you so much for replying, and so quickly.
Such painful bureaucracy and not forgetting the cost! I have watched Jose Rodriguez’s YouTube videos and he really recommended‘s Precision. So I have tried to make contact by email several times but to no avail. I’m a complete novice to all of this and I believe it’s always best to buy quality, now it seems the only option is Octoinkjet. I’ve also taken the plunge with the vacuume filling kit again seen on Jose’s video so a lot to learn. I live in the UK so Octoinkjet should be fine. I’ll take it easy to do a thorough job. I’ve also purchased Windex so 🤞🏻. All the best to you.

David.4

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100s
Hi Kdsdata, Thank you so much for replying, and so quickly.
Such painful bureaucracy and not forgetting the cost! I have watched Jose Rodriguez’s YouTube videos and he really recommended‘s Precision. So I have tried to make contact by email several times but to no avail. I’m a complete novice to all of this and I believe it’s always best to buy quality, now it seems the only option is Octoinkjet. I’ve also taken the plunge with the vacuume filling kit again seen on Jose’s video so a lot to learn. I live in the UK so Octoinkjet should be fine. I’ll take it easy to do a thorough job. I’ve also purchased Windex so 🤞🏻. All the best to you.
Oops meant to say it’s David.4

kdsdata

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-100 & Brother-L8900
@David.4, are you in any need of flushing the cartridges? Otherwise there is very little need for Windex. For any other cleaning I hardly use Windex, simply damp napkins.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just a quick note on the whole "flushing" options... Worth noting that we specifically include a CLI-8Y empty cartridge as a surrogate with our refill bundles specifically because it can be flushed easily with deionised/distilled water or cleaning solution (and rinsed) without needing to worry about whether there's lingering OEM ink in there as it's not the same as the 42Y ink.

A simple chip swap from the old 42Y to the 8Y and the printer will think it's a 42Y but without all the potential for Yellow Jello "fun".

Latest posts