German method failing - ink always spills out

Grandexp

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
turbguy said:
PeterBJ said:
turbguy wrote:
You don't think that adding another hole in the sponge side doesn't "tamper" with Canon's sealing of the cart?
You are actually right, but the hole made for German refill does not cause leaking, and just to be safe I seal it with aluminium tape.
In my experience, I've CONSISTENTLY experienced leaks from that hole, and switched back to top filling. Perfect sealing the top-fill hole is really a no-brainer with the small silicone plugs available.

Wayne
Same here. I tried the German method on only a few cartridges. It can only be considered a hack. Never worked well for me. All you need is to find good silicone plugs and drill the top of the cartridges.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The German refill method works well for me and others, see this: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7752

I have never had ink leak from the refill hole, I seal it to prevent air entering the printhead and causing ink flow problems. Some find sealing the refill hole unnecessary and a waste of time. They have had no ill effects from leaving the refill hole unsealed.