Forum Rants

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Since this is the "rant" thread, I expect that even a moderator can participate in ranting!

This forum has been active for more than ten years and has been a model of civility and cooperative community. It is a tribute to those who participate that moderators have very little to do in enforcing rules. When the rare occasion arises for me or the other moderators to intercede we do so with considerable sadness that there are individuals who just can't keep the discourse and exchange of opinions amicable.

The reality is that Trolls exist on the internet, and the rare persistent Troll who returns to create more havoc with new member names is the worst! We exhibit considerable patience before deleting inappropriate posts or banning a member, but we are determined to prevent the kind of hostility and attack that has torn other forums apart.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
My wife informs me this is what happens when I haven't been doing the dishes... I think she's confused with crossing bridges but hey..

;)

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
The reasons (plural) that I am not posting is because I have elected to step back and just read for a while.
Foremost, in my mind is the need for calm evaluation, and sorting out who is who in the zoo. This has gone from a friendly good natured place to a place I choose to stand back from, and I see value in sorting out why that is because there are many members here who are genuine in all respects, and I include the guys who also sell ink, and have been part of the development of the tacit knowledge base of this site. However, that said, others have tried to insinuate themselves and their Company with the clumsy guile of the shrink in the record shop "Reign Over Me"
For now that is as much as I need to say. @DrDave I don't feel driven out, I just have better things to do with my time just now. I don't have the need to go toe to toe with anyone who plays the man and not the ball.

I guess I am just being "teenagerish" ............."whatever!"

Cheers,

Andrew

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
My wife informs me this is what happens when I haven't been doing the dishes... I think she's confused with crossing bridges but hey..

;)

Stop buying printers see you can buy the woman a dish washer, at least then she can moan about how much water it wastes rather than you not doing the washing up ;) It will still be nagging in your ear drums but at least not directly at you :D

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
The reality is that Trolls exist on the internet, and the rare persistent Troll who returns to create more havoc with new member names is the worst! We exhibit considerable patience before deleting inappropriate posts or banning a member, but we are determined to prevent the kind of hostility and attack that has torn other forums apart.

Speaking of idiot trolls i suspect one that keeps coming back is going to need an IP address ban. Quite funny he only lasted a couple of minutes this time, time for the loon to start over again. :lol:

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Speaking of idiot trolls i suspect one that keeps coming back is going to need an IP address ban. Quite funny he only lasted a couple of minutes this time, time for the loon to start over again. :lol:
Apparently we are one and the same...

My wife was hoping for James Bond so please don't be offended that she was less impressed when it turned out that it might be you*

*other personalities might also apply..

*Do I even need to mention that no, I don't have shill accounts, nor am I nearly as dashing as any other member on here.. Sheesh.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Apparently we are one and the same...

My wife was hoping for James Bond so please don't be offended that she was less impressed when it turned out that it might be you*

*other personalities might also apply..

*Do I even need to mention that no, I don't have shill accounts, nor am I nearly as dashing as any other member on here.. Sheesh.

James Bond... No chance, The man from the old Milk Tray ads i could maybe get close to... Only minus physical activity and the Milk Tray replaced with a box of bashed in East European Import chocolate, near its expiration date from P=*&%land instead.*

*Other cheap chocolate that tastes vile may apply, eat at your own risk.

** Other user accounts and delivery services may be used. Your statutory rights are revoked should you become ill.

Last edited by a moderator:

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
You forgot the cat!.. He always forgets the cat!.. Sheesh... Amateurs! ;)

EDIT: Oh wait! That's the baddie...

Well that's just embarrassing...:caf :oops:

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Fortunately, we have a James-Bond-type moderator who dispatched the troll while shaking, not stirring, his martini.

I wonder was there a good fight scene like the bond movies between the mods over who got to ban the nugget :D If you got to it before @The Hat he is gonna be livid ;)

You forgot the cat!.. He always forgets the cat!.. Sheesh... Amateurs! ;)

EDIT: Oh wait! That's the baddie...

Well that's just embarrassing...:caf :oops:

Ah-ha, no ive got it all worked out. As we are one in the same as mentioned before, in addition to letting your son do all the order packing (child labour is good look how successful the Chinese are with it). You get to put your feet up, he gets to follow in dads entrepreneur footsteps early :)

The Mrs is no longer going to nag you about doing the washing up as she will be too busy confused by dishwasher buttons in the kitchen. :hide

Oh and for the cat my idea is pure genius..... Amazon have/want drones for delivering items, im going to velcro ink bottles to the cat. Im patenting the idea and calling it Meow Mail so nobody can copy it either.

Courier Warehouses across the land will be full of them, not only reducing polluting white van drivers but there will never be a living mouse in a warehouse again. Rather then the customer sign for their delivery they have to give the cat a saucer of milk when happy the item has arrived in good condition. Ive not yet factored in where you are going to keep all the cats or the cost of cat litter per year but these are minor issues.

I have now completed the stress free life for you or rather us according to one loon. :D

Latest posts