Flush Epson printer for storage

Scrim Shanker

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson P807
I have an Epson P807 printer. I have to place it in storage for an undetermined period, not less than six months.
I have purchased a flushing product - PiezoFlush - for the task, however, I live and work in Vietnam, and deliveries from the US have been disrupted by covid. I doubt that the product will arrive before I am scheduled to leave the country in six weeks.
I know it is not advised - but is it possible to flush with distilled water? a mix of distilled water and ammonia? another solution?
Thanks for any input

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I know it is not advised - but is it possible to flush with distilled water? a mix of distilled water and ammonia? another solution?
Try this solution from @pharmacist

-3 ml propylene glycol (or 2 % glycerol)
-20 ml isopropyl alcohol
-distilled water up to 100 ml
This is a tried and trusted solution that won’t harm your printer, and only use ammonia for very short periods, even exposure for a day or two can kill a print head..

Scrim Shanker

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson P807
Try this solution from @pharmacist

-3 ml propylene glycol (or 2 % glycerol)
-20 ml isopropyl alcohol
-distilled water up to 100 ml
This is a tried and trusted solution that won’t harm your printer, and only use ammonia for very short periods, even exposure for a day or two can kill a print head..
After I flush with this solution, I assume I should I leave a small quantity in the system (I use a bulk ink mod)?
Since I received your reply I have read comments suggesting that increasing the proportion of propylene glycol - after flushing with the original formula - will further protect the print head until I resuscitate the machine. Does this seem appropriate? Thanks again