Feedback Needed - 3D Printers - Any Interest?

More updates

I have been making all sorts of little bits and bobs, that will make life a little easier, I haven’t made anything that was not used for something, all dough I did make two of one box and lid because I wasn’t happy with my first attempt.

I was on to Tech support for a driver for my printer that will work with Win 8.1 and it turns out they don’t have one yet, but they have a Win 7 driver but it won’t work on any O/S higher than Win 7.

It means I can make up my objects on the PC but must transfer them to a micro card before I can print them, it’s a bit of a pain but one I can live with for now.

I’ve got this machine: - http://amzn.to/2quJYRm
But if I had the choice again,
I would have gotten this one: - https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=13860

Yes, it’s a little heavier priced but it has a 45% bigger platform to print too and when you get the hang on making 3D objects, its far better to be able to make even bigger gadgets, well I reckon so anyway.

There is only one other member here that I know of that has a 3D printer, so unless we can get more I don’t reckon we’ll have a separate 3D section, I am surprised that no one here has been bitten by the 3D bug the way I was, my inkjet printing did suffer but I am back using some of my inkjet printer once more...

I’ve run out of things to print with my 3D printer for now but I’m looking... :weee
 
You will need disable driver authentication of Windows 10 in order to install the Windows 7 driver. It should be possible.
 
You will need disable driver authentication of Windows 10 in order to install the Windows 7 driver
It is but we are not taking the risk, plain and simple, we don’t see why we should lower our security to load their unsigned driver...
 
For ArgyllCMS I have to force disabling driver authentication in order to install the driver, otherwise I can't use it.
 
I’ve run out of things to print with my 3D printer for now but I’m looking..

How about a PrinterKnowledge lapel badge?
 
Wow, I missed a LOT of great stuff in this thread! (Sorry, I pretty much lost all of May - June because of a HUGE nightmare emergency business project that consumed all my days and nights... basically during the worst week going to bed at 3 am and waking up at 8am).

Anywho, SUPER congrats @The Hat on your awesome new 3D printer!

I'm really hoping that once the final dust settles on this other stuff that I'll be able to get into 3D printing myself. I am worried though, that like @ninj mentioned, I'll be consumed by it! :D
 
I had a great experience working with the Treatstock.com platform. Their support was really helpful as they offer assistance to designers and print services from start to finish.
What I exactly find convenient is that they have free business tools such a Facebook app and Treatstock widget that will make placing and receiving orders much easier. Plus, each time you receive an order through the app or widget, Treatstock will reward you with an extra 10% payment on top of your service fee.
 
Back
Top