Feed mechanism on MX925?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@The Hat Did you dismantle a Maxify to determine this?
Yes when I first opened the box and before I turned it on, I stripped the top, sides and back off, but didn’t take carcass out of the bottom section, then I reassembled it and turn it on, without the carts installed.

I wanted to see if I could get it into Service Mode but failed, so at that point I left the waste tank in place and started to use the printer, I also removed the plastic plate on the front that prevents the carts removal, this give free access to check the carts at any time..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
As I have not enough free space on my desk for a printer of a rather large footprint as the Maxify, the machine is kept on a rack in another room, totally switched off from the power outlet. When I want to use the machine, I move it next to the computer until I’m done with printing/scanning. Then I switch it off again, I unplug the cable from the mains outlet and back to the resting rack she goes.
So you see, this printer is constantly being switched on and off from the power outlet and I have detected no ill effects after 6000 pages and eight months.
@palombian is right, Maxifys perform cleaning cycles when they detect that it’s convenient to do so. I don’t know if they have a time-triggered maintenance rutine as the Pixmas, but it seems to me that cleanings are less frequent than any other Canon I’ve owned in the past.

James Mike

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6270;G3010
I've had the dreaded B200 error twice recently on my MX925. I doubt if it's the cartridge, because each time it's stopped in the middle of a page with the paper stuck half out the exit slot. The display says to try switching off and on, and to contact the service centre.

I've been able to pull the paper out, and then continue printing after switching off and on. However, it's happened twice in the last few days.

I've had the printer for just over two years (so out of guarantee). It's not used extensively, maybe an average of 3 pages a day.

I guess it will happen again. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Do you happen to still have the dead mx925? Just wondering if this printer has the same moisture laden tape that gave my MG6270 intermittent B200 errors.

FryingSaucer

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX725,MB5150. 3D:Anet A8
Just wondering if this printer has the same moisture laden tape that gave my MG6270 intermittent B200 errors.
In my case, it's most likely that the cause of the B200 error is the "usual" printer head/logic board problem, because I'd already had to replace the print head two years ago following use of sub standard refillable cartridges.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. It's definitely worth considering all the options before replacing a print head.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Do you happen to still have the dead mx925? Just wondering if this printer has the same moisture laden tape that gave my MG6270 intermittent B200 errors.
Is the "moisture laden tape" the green foil cable on the back side of the print head? It can trap water if the print head is cleaned outside the printer. See this post.