Printer Model
Canon MX725,MB5150. 3D:Anet A8
I purchased a Maxify MB5150. Thanks to everyone for your input

Artur5

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Maxify 5150,Canon Pro10s
@FryingSaucer : If you have some spare time at your disposal, take a look at the thread started by @palombian about the Maxify. Only 28 pages and 277 messages. It won't take more than 10-15 hours to read.,.:D

FryingSaucer

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX725,MB5150. 3D:Anet A8
@FryingSaucer : If you have some spare time at your disposal, take a look at the thread started by @palombian about the Maxify. Only 28 pages and 277 messages. It won't take more than 10-15 hours to read.,.
I skipped from the first page to the last page of the thread. Didn't take long. I gave up refilling two years ago. I now have lot more time to do productive work, like messing around with 3D printers:weee

It was the MX925 I've just ditched that finally persuaded me two years ago. I'd used some refillables from a reliable source that unfortunately proved to be sub standard. I had to replace the MX925 print head and decided to stop refilling and use good quality compatibles instead. Now the print head has gone for the second time. Presumably the logic board was damaged previously.

The Maxify looks to be so cheap to run with compatibles that I won't feel tempted to start refilling again.

I hope I don't get thrown out this forum:D

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro9500II, MAXIFY MB5350
I skipped from the first page to the last page of the thread. Didn't take long. I gave up refilling two years ago. I now have lot more time to do productive work, like messing around with 3D printers:weee

It was the MX925 I've just ditched that finally persuaded me two years ago. I'd used some refillables from a reliable source that unfortunately proved to be sub standard. I had to replace the MX925 print head and decided to stop refilling and use good quality compatibles instead. Now the print head has gone for the second time. Presumably the logic board was damaged previously.

The Maxify looks to be so cheap to run with compatibles that I won't feel tempted to start refilling again.

I hope I don't get thrown out this forum:D
I also stopped refilling Canon dye ink consumer printers, since IMO (and I am not alone) they have a short programmed life, whether you buy OEM ink or refill (with the additional disadvantage that all refill ink fades within a few months).
First of all, pigment ink - also refill - is much more resistant to fading.
Second, the printers are targeted to advanced amateurs and (home) offices, so Canon cannot make them fail too soon.
I agree you better refill because you like it and not only for economic reasons.
The advantage of being thrown off the forum is that you won't be forced to read my next thread: "My Pixma PRO-10 is on refill ink" :).