Epson's bottled inks

roditch

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 2100
The T673 ink of the L1800 is somewhat better than Epson inks like 664 or 102 but not as good as the ET8550/114 or 106 inks in regards to fading. Spraying provides some additional protection but not as much as you may expect if it is called 'UV protection spray', you could use as well hairspray but you need some exercise for a smooth application. And you may look for Canon inks GI-53 of the G550/650 Megatank printer - (names may vary in different business regions - like G620 printer - GI23 inks)
Thanks. Can I use the Epson t106 inks or the Canon inks you mentioned in the Epson L360 many thanks

roditch

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 2100
Yes, that should work, I'm swapping inks around quite a lot, and such OEM inks are causing the least problems.
Thank you very much I have been searching for inks for months the country I am in keep saying they don't have any of these claria inks all the codes are different so after 3 days of calling and calling and messaging I can't get any of the inks you just now I need to ask you what painter A4 printer you would recommend for photographs thank you very much maybe pigment maybe die either way in Southeast Asia all the code numbers and printing model numbers are very different but if you could recommend a reasonably good hey for printer for photographs dial picnic that's not too expensive that may be the final solution many thanks again

roditch

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 2100
Thank you very much I have been searching for inks for months the country I am in keep saying they don't have any of these claria inks all the codes are different so after 3 days of calling and calling and messaging I can't get any of the inks you just now I need to ask you what painter A4 printer you would recommend for photographs thank you very much maybe pigment maybe die either way in Southeast Asia all the code numbers and printing model numbers are very different but if you could recommend a reasonably good hey for printer for photographs dial picnic that's not too expensive that may be the final solution many thanks again
I forgot to mention the quality of the photos don't have to be incredibly good because they look like paintings but they need to last quite a long time on someone's wall in a frame

IndyJones

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF-2760
These 113 inks are a bottled substitute for Durabrite inks used in lots of workforce WF-models and could be used for refill there.
Hi, very interesting threads. I hope my question is not OT.
I've used 113 Inks in my WF-2760 for a few years and, as confirmed by your statement, they've worked great. Now I am about to replace the printer and I still have a few bottles of 113. From what I understand here any Durabrite one could work with that ink, am I correct?

Thanks!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You are looking for another printer - to replace the current model ? The first question will be if refill accessories - cartridges are available for your new printer - I recommend you to check that upfront - before placing an order, it could very well be that newer models use a different cartridge type and are not supported (yet) by refill cartridges.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Sorry to bombard you would these inkowl inks be the solution they say they are equicvalent to epson claria inks
I have seen countless claims of UV resistance by 3rd party inks but none of these inks came close to the performance of genuine Epson Claria or Canon Chromalife100 inks, it's your judgement if you accept lower performance for a somewhat lower price.

Last edited:

IndyJones

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF-2760
You are looking for another printer - to replace the current model ? The first question will be if refill accessories - cartridges are available for your new printer - I recommend you to check that upfront - before placing an order, it could very well be that newer models use a different cartridge type and are not supported (yet) by refill cartridges.
Thank you, as for those interrogatives, I'm updating myself and I presume I would need a new thread to ask for opinion.
My search so far has gone to:
Tank Epson 604 is stated to be Durabrite (which Ecotank Ink would be compatible with this?)
Tank Epson 405 also Durabrite (which Ecotank Ink would be compatible with this?)
Tank Epson 503 Not durabrite (which Ecotank Ink would be compatible with this?)

and
Ecotank 102
Ecotank 103
Ecotank 104
The main reason why I'm looking for information is that I found out that with original inks (113 in my experience) I had way longer nozzle life and way higher UV resistance. So I'm gonna use Ecotank or buy an auto resetting tank kit which I'll refill with original ink.

Thanks for all the information you can provide

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I cannot answer all model number questions to you - do this - enter 'Epson 102 ink' as the search keywords into Google or your preferred search engine, and you get here

https://www.epson.de/de_DE/produkte...tronen/102-ecotank-4-colour-multipack/p/30394
or a similar page in your language, you scroll down to the bottom and find all printer models listed which use the inkset you searched for - XP models - ET-.... or L..... Ecotank models

Epson 604 is CMY dye + pigment black in cartidges
Epson 405 is Durabrite Ultra CMYK in cartridges
Epson 503 is CMY dye + pigmentblack in cartridges

Epson 102 are bottled dye CMY + pigment black
Epson 103 are bottled dye CMYK
Epson 104 are CMYK dye

These Ecotank dye inks are weak and are not Claria dye equivalent, that's the Epon 106 and 114 inks only.

The Epson 113 inks are CMYK pigmented and bottled for Ecotank printers - Epson does not call these 'Ultrabrite' , I don't know what the differences are

Latest posts