Epson's answer how to cure bronzing

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Now you know darn well that is could be done IF they really wanted to. But of course, they just don't!
Joe.
But Joe, if they did just that then you for one would not have as many printers or enjoyment as you do, :hugs just think of all the pleasure you’d be missing out on, home printing would become boring.:(

Where’s the challenge in a near perfect printer… :hu

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Yes I would only have one! Well and some new in boxes just for the inks. But think about all the extra room, and what about all the ceiling high piles of papers I could stick here and there.......
Joe

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I have one more from Epson, Epson published a book about digital printing,
https://www.amazon.com/Epson-Comple...1467718935&sr=8-1&keywords=epson+rob+sheppard
available used for a $, I got one, it is quite a comprehensive 'How to' guide about digital printing, with lots of subjects covered from printer settings, paper choices, color mgmt, and a lot more, but does not go really into more technical aspects as other authors do.
I got the book, opened it, accidentally at the chapter about longevity and found this picture
Espon.jpg
implying that prints with an Epson pigment printer will last not just 50 years but 1000 years till 3010.... that's real performance.......
There was probably quite some wishful thinking in the mind of the author and as well that person doing the proofreading.

(O.k., a revised and updated book has been published in the meantime)

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The ink may well last till 3010 but there's no way of verifying that statement and who would be around to care anyway, the elephant in the room here is the paper stock, ops..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
That's the new Ultrachrome Millenium ink, with an additive to preserve as well the paper....10x the price for 1000 years