Epson's answer how to cure bronzing

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I found an Epson White paper by March 2008 ' Print Quality Issues and How to Cure Them' at
https://www.nikonians.org/html/resources/reference_library/epson/print_quality_how_to_cure.pdf

Epson recommends on page 9 how to cure bronzing with pigment ink prints

- print on matte or fine are media

- select a dye ink printer with Epson Claria photographic ink technology

o.k. - Epson itself recommends their dye inks but don't tell anyboy how to use Claria inks in any large format printer....
but we know that all along....

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
This quite a collection of rubbish If I ever read one.
So basically their are telling you is to live with the problems or mask them by doing certain things rather than going directly to the root of the problem - the printer and inks - and addressing them from the ground up!
I love the "Bronzing Solution" PLEASE!!!!

Yes I am a bit grouchy today!

Joe

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Sorry for that - what would Epson have to do to lighten up your mood again ?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
They could begin by ceasing to continue the practice of just frosting over an already existing set of printers and marketing them as if they are brand new designs.
They are just slightly improved versions of old printers. They still have not addressed the black switch problem. Just you wait you p600/800 owners!
I have not seen ANY difference beteeent the 3880 and the P800. Yes I do have both and both running on OEM inks!
The hype simply has not materialised.
Bronzing and gloss differential still is common place and exists.
Regardless of the hype.
If they could fix the nightmare that was and still is the PRO 4900, provide a truly reliable ink delivery system, add a GLOP channel, plus separate pk and mk channels so there is no more black ink sitching, they would have one hell of a near perfect printer.
But that would never happen!!
Joe

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I just hope that Epson is secretly monitoring this forum and picking up at least some of your points - all of those would probably be too much even for a company like Epson........

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Oh.... Believe me! They can, but will not.
Not good for business right?
I think pharmacist put it best a few years ago when he put forth what would make the perfect Epson printer. Made total sense!
All without even having to redisign the typical ever eternal Epson 8 channel print head.
All with just a rewrite of the driver and firmware.
Joe

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Just realize that Epson can make all their printers print the same way IF they wanted to. If you think they push out the best they can at each generation, then you need to think again. They will put out what they think they NEED to in order to fill a market space and nothing more. They have no intention to give you the best printer they can at a given price, but rather give what they think you might be satisfied with at a certain price at that respective time.

All mfrs do this. It means that they have something "new" to sell again down the road.

I'll show a hi def video on this aspect and compare the print engines and how dissimilar they are on Epson K3 machines. I've made the prints, I have the evidence and further, many will come to understand the function of the print engine and how the ICCs relate to that. An advanced topic for the curious.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
They could begin by ceasing to continue the practice of just frosting over an already existing set of printers and marketing them as if they are brand new designs.
They are just slightly improved versions of old printers. They still have not addressed the black switch problem. Just you wait you p600/800 owners!
I have not seen ANY difference beteeent the 3880 and the P800. Yes I do have both and both running on OEM inks!
The hype simply has not materialised.
Bronzing and gloss differential still is common place and exists.
Regardless of the hype.
If they could fix the nightmare that was and still is the PRO 4900, provide a truly reliable ink delivery system, add a GLOP channel, plus separate pk and mk channels so there is no more black ink sitching, they would have one hell of a near perfect printer.
But that would never happen!!
Joe

Ah, Joe you must have been taking an afternoon nap and dreaming about the mystical printer that you would love Epson to make for you..:hugs :lol::lol:

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Now you know darn well that is could be done IF they really wanted to. But of course, they just don't!
Joe.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Thanks to Epson we had some fun... so let's go back to our regular activities - printing something - printing the POW in poster size, watching inks to fade , watching birds or clouds or whatever else