Epson XP15000. Can it use ET Claria ink?

Zzzit

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP 15000
Is the Claria HD the same as ET? What differs?
Instead of using non OEM ink I thought it must be better to use Epsons ink. So the question is, can I use Epson 114 ink in a XP15000 printer? I have refilable carts with ARC.
Since there is no red ink 114 I was thinking that I could use the original red cartridges.
Is this an option or am I totaly up in the blue?

Zzzit

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP 15000
Thank you! Interesting. First I thought that all Claria ink was the same, and that HD was just to give it a name. But then I thought that HD was a better ink reading about it.
Now when I see that the 114 and 106 differ, I guess that all Claria are not the same. So, what differs?
When the ET 8550 came I was sure that that was the same ink as in the XP15000. But have someone made a real comparison to find out what differs, and if the color differ anything.
I am new to this so I just trying to ask what I wonder to get a real answer. :)
I do not care that much about fading since I think it is not that much dif. I want the colors to be exactly the same as with OEM cartridge, so thats why I thought 114 ink must be the best choice over third party ink.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
114 or 106 and Fujilfim Drylabs inks are very similar inks in terms of gamut and fade resistance: Claria HD fade resistance quality. Actually all Epson printers including the XP-15000 can use all types of inks from el cheapo very fast fading dye inks up to premium very fade resistant K3 pigment ink. If that is the question than all types of inks can be used even sublimation inks (with some daily care).

Last edited:

Zzzit

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP 15000
114 or 106 and Fujilfim Drylabs inks are very similar inks in terms of gamut and fade resistance: Claria HD fade resistance quality. Actually all Epson printers including the XP-15000 can use all types of inks from el cheapo very fast fading dye inks up to premium very fade resistant K3 pigment ink. If that is the question than all types of inks can be used even sublimation inks (with some daily care).
Yes, it was a bit more what I asked for. Thank You! :)
But if I ask like this. There is 3 types of Claria ink. Home, Premium and HD. What is the difference between these 3? Can I mix them with each other without any problem? Is the colors exactly the same? And I don't know really how to say this but, is it the same density? (hope you understand what I mean)
Epson 114 is a Claria Premium and maybe it is better to only use them together instead och mixing with 106 for example. And instead of using red HD cartridge it is maybe better to mix M and Y?
Or...does all this I asked now not matter at all? Is it just to mix free with whatever you can?

Latest posts