Epson Xp 800 Problems

Chuci

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP 800
I STILL USE I STILL USE SOME COLOR, A COLOR LASER IS JUST Too EXPENSIVE. I STILL THINK' AN INKJET IS BEST. IF I COULD JUST FIND ONE THAT Is EASY ON INK,

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I STILL USE I STILL USE SOME COLOR, A COLOR LASER IS JUST Too EXPENSIVE. I STILL THINK' AN INKJET IS BEST. IF I COULD JUST FIND ONE THAT Is EASY ON INK,
NO inkjet is easy on ink, but in my opinion, Epson's use MUCH more for cleaning than Canon's, based on my observation of what's dumped into external waste tanks...

For my usage level, I think about 25% of total ink is used during Epson's cleaning, while Canon uses about 10%, but that's an estimate...

With OEM ink costing about $5000/gallon, I can't see how ANYONE can justify using an inkjet without using a CISS or refillable carts!

Meanwhile, Epson's printhead is much more robust than Canon's...

Last edited:

Chuci

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP 800
WELL,, I STILL HAVE WAIT AND SEE WHAT EPSON IS GOING TO DO. I HAVE TO WAIT ON THE CARTRIDGE THAT THEY ARE SENDING By SNAIL MAIL.

Chuci

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP 800
Well, i thought that I would keep you up to date on what is going on. Yesterday I wrote the seller of the printer on Ebay and asked what I needed to do to return the printer because I have had so much in the way of problems. I got an answer today and he said that he would give me credit and that I didnt need to return the printer. I thought that was a pretty good Christmas present.

Chuck

Chuci

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP 800
Like I said before, I received credit for the Epson XP 800 from the ebay seller. However, I did receive the cartridge that Epson was supposed to send and as expected, it didn't change anything in regards to the printer printing in black. I needed up buying a HP 8600 with 5 xl cartridges for $100. I have it setup and running. Works great. I want to thank very body that tried to help me on this matter. I hope that each and everyone of you have a Merry Christmas.