Epson Xp-200

tiger1

kickbox
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP-200
Bought an Epson XP-200 for my WinXP, Vista and Win7 computers.

#1- I installed the software from the disk enclosed. When I was installing I checked the box next to the USB connection, rather than the WiFi connection. However, the WiFi light is ON in the front of the printer. I read somewhere that that that light should not be ON if I am conencted to the computers USB ports.

#2- The (red) ink light is blinking on the front. I installed new black cartridge but did not install new cartridges for the 3 color cartridges. I was told by Epson if I didn't want that light to keep blinking, I should:
  1. Make sure the printer is turned on but not printing.
  2. Click on Start, Control Panel, Hardware and Sounds then Printers.
  3. Note: These steps may vary depending on how Vista is setup.
  4. Right-click on the Epson Printer icon. Select Printing Preferences from the drop-down menu.
  5. Click on the Maintenance tab, then click on the Extended Settings button.
  6. Uncheck the Enable EPSON Status Monitor 3 option.
  7. Click OK on both windows.

Which I did (on my Vista), but the (red) ink light is still flashing on the Epson front panel. I don't know what is going on. I tried to do the same thing on my Win7, but it doesn't have the same Printing Preferences as referred to above for the Vista. Does anyone know how I can get rid of that blinking (red) ink light? I don't need any color printing and would hate to have to purchase color cartridges just to get that ink light to turn OFF.
    Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
You need to install new color cartridges!

Thomas Jensen

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Any
One, or several of your cartridges has less then 10% left in them, its a low ink warning.