EPSON XP-200 to Windows 7 Wifi Connection - Anybody successful ?

salamander99

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi

Want to get my Epson XP-200 Wifi connected to Windows 7. Particularly frustrating

Using the install CD that comes with product eventually ends up with the Green-Red Wifi light blinking back and forth for a while and then just blinking red (failure).

Googled a bit and found a suggestion to set up an Ad-hoc wireless network in Windows, but the Printer doesnt seem to be able to find it (blinking red light again)

I cant see any Wireless access point, corresponding to the printer, when I turn on the printers Wifi.

The video instruction on youtube indicates that the install CD should ask if I want to set up Wifi using a temporary USB cable, but this option is not available on the provided install CD

Ive downloaded the file epson15055.exe (the downloadable installation) but this always fails in the middle of downloading the drivers.

Theres an Australian page that gives instruction on how to convert to Wifi connection (from USB), but when it comes to the detail of the OS network configuration, the configuration parameters do not correspond to anything in Windows 7.

Has anyone succeeded with this

Regards

Sal

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
I never had any problems connecting ANY Epson wirelessly to my Router directly with the printers menu.

Selecetd your desginated SSID of your wlan
enter your passphrase
save settings
done

Worked for my for my PX700 PX720 PX810 PX820 Workforce Pro 4535 / 4545 and some older type too

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
As a rule of thumb, eschew manufacturer's software, especially if it's just for the purpose of making a connection. It's safest and generally pretty accurate to assume that all software is flaky unless you have good information to the contrary.

The ability to connect is already built into your computer, and that software is well tested. The printer itself should provide the other half of what's needed to make the connection. The CD provided with a device does usually contain the driver, however. You need to install that, but you can do so without installing all the software.

salamander99

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
If I may address some of the assumptions that may be in your replies.

The printer itself is at the "inexpensive" end of the range. It has no control panel except for a button that has "WiFi" written on it and a flashing red/green light with WiFi written underneath it.

When the Wifi button is pressed there is no new available wireless network visible in Windows. This is the case even if I have a wireless router thats nearby and been turned on.

In any case the Ad-hoc mode is intended to obviate the need for a router.

When I access the printer characteristics, when its connected by a USB cable, I cant see any network type information (e.g SSID, IP address etc).

There is no information on the body of the printer that indicates its MAC address, or any other network related information.

Im deaf to to the inscrutible message of the flashing red light

Sal

santer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
It is listed as a 205 in the UK but have you searched your local Epson site to download the software from there?

http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/support/11534

I have a 1500W and the CD offers the option to use a USB lead so if you download the software and it still does not offer you the USB option, you could use the UK live chat to see if they can set it up with you

The UK Live chat only needs a name and an e-mail so no problems accessing it from anywhere

It runs in UK office hours which are 5 hours ahead of most US times so approx 4 am to 12 noon

http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/cms/index/6

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
salamander99 said:
It has no control panel....
In that case, it's possible that you may need the software, because you will have to enter at least a password (assuming your network requires a password, as it should). Usually there is an on-screen keyboard that you can access by using buttons on the printer. A few inexpensive printers have their control panels only in software, and this could be one of them.

salamander99 said:
When the Wifi button is pressed there is no new available wireless network visible in Windows. This is the case even if I have a wireless router thats nearby and been turned on.
I assume you mean that the printer does not display the name of the wireless network that you created on your wireless router. (This has nothing to do with Windows, and the printer does not create the network.) Are you sure the wireless network is working? Do you have it set to broadcast SSID?

salamander99 said:
When I access the printer characteristics, when its connected by a USB cable, I cant see any network type information (e.g SSID, IP address etc). There is no information on the body of the printer that indicates its MAC address....
If it is network-capable, it does have the MAC address somewhere somewhere, although you will not necessarily need it. Can you find a written manual anywhere?

gail hart

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP-200
was there any solution to Salamander's problem, I'm having the same problem, can't get printer to connect

gail hart

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP-200
The same as Salamander there is no option to use a temporary USB cable, all the videos I've watched say to do this but if there's no option, I cant