EPSON XP-200 to Windows 7 Wifi Connection - Anybody successful ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@gail hart, in that video it says to use a USB cable (recommended) but if your setup driver does not have that option then maybe you need to start off with and have a USB cable already connect to the printer.

When asked to by the setup screen, turn on the printer and install the necessary driver and then confirm this by doing a test print, if successful then go back and install the Wi-Fi driver !

gail hart

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP-200
I've tried that ,with the same result, just can't get it to connect, I contacted Epson UK and they gave me a link to download which I did, but it was exactly the same instructions as the disc. I told them this so they palmed me off onto the Aust. branch... so I'm waiting to hear from them. Seems a whole lot of trouble to install a $50 printer. I do appreciate your help, thank you, if u think of anything else please post.

gail hart

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP-200
I've just installed it by USB cable so it can only be used on one device and I'll have to move the laptop and connect it when I want to use... not to worry... thanks so much for all your help 'The Hat'

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@gail hart, Now that you have successfully installed with USB, just go through the same setup steps again but this time use Wi-Fi connection..

david_epson_user

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP-200
I have the exact same problem. Wifi-direct connection does not work - flashing green&orange lights eventually change to just flashing orange which indicates a timeout. Selecting USB connection allows you to configure USB connection and printer works fine but there is no way to access wifi settings via the USB connection. Tried installing three times to no avail. Seems the only way to configure wifi on this printer is to connect via wifi - which isn't working for wifi-direct.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@david-epson-user, Now that you have successfully installed using the USB cable, just go through the same setup steps again but this time un-plug the USB cable and then just use Wi-Fi connection..

david_epson_user

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP-200
Wifi does not work after the USB set up. At no point has the machine been told about the SSID or security password so it can't appear on my wifi network. The wifi setup process has to be performed, but that is what always fails using wifi-direct (which is the only option).
I can't even find a clear indication of how wifi is supposed to work with this specific system - the Epson docs are too general saying it varies by model. :(

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@david-epson-user, Here is a step by step guide to Wi-Fi set-up for your XP-200 printer.

First select your printer from column B. Next Click on Support Videos (Click Here).

Now click on the setup Video (for Wi-Fi for your printer),, Now watch and listen carefully to all the instructions and you should have less problems, This video has a big delay on start-up, just wait and all will be relieved.. :D

http://tech.epson.com.au/downloads/supportvideos.asp