Epson XP 15000 continued woes... having problems installing chipliess for both cartridge or CISS.

Japes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 100
I've posted a could of thread before stating the problem and get really decent advise on what to do; Thank you. As I learn more, I also start to realize the problem ( hopefully). The problem is with using the recommended programs to install the firmware update and key reset to make my printer chinless. I own a two Macs. the first in an older model (2007) which I pretty much future proofed 'except that I didn't. Fsst and expansive as it is I didn't count of cookies and certificates no longer working and anything toward the internet is a crapshoot, so now its my workhorse. I recently bought a M1 MacBook. Seeing that the drivers needed were PC based, I installed Parallels, and then Windows 10. The PC sees the printer and says it's running correctly, I BELEIVE I installed the proper firmware but when I go to install the activation key the program doesn't read the printer. I used two different programs not form ink chip and the other from chipless solutions (CS), but both have the same outcome. the printer seems to be working fine. I reinstalled the cartridges it came with and they register as well but..I am out of black ink and it reminds me of that each time I power it on. (CS) mentions that I need to turn off all other functions and to use wicreset to do so. I already have one installed for my older printer s artisan 1430's and use the program to reset the counters, but for shit and giggles I even downloaded the PC version. My Mac version if Wicreset says that my printer isn't compatible, but I assume the OS is old and there within the pronblem lies. The PC version won't see it but Windows 10 sees my printer and says its is acting normally. Methinks the problem lies with the black ink being empty and the printer being is some sort of standby and therefore doesn't register the printer as " active" Mind you if I were to put it into Service mode, it shows up immediately although I still can't activate the reset key. Is the solution as simple as the printer needing the black ink in order to work nominally? Any help would be greatly appreciated...as always. Thanks in advance guys and gals. ;)