Epson WF-7010 Black Ink bronzing using inkjetcarts bulk ink?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
In the printer driver itself. Does the driver have an Advance Tab? In there look for Color Management and then click on Color Controls. Then in Color Mode click of Epson Standard and Gamma 2.2

CRANK

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
in color controls there is "epson vivid" or "adobe rgb". You can only select gamma 1.8 or 2.2 in rgb color mode not in epson vivid mode.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
You do not have Epson Standard? If you do not have Epson Standard then you should not have Gamma choice. Gamma choice ( 1.8 or 2.2 ) is only available when Epson Standard color choice is chosen. GAMMA 2.2 is for Windows and GAMMA 1.8 is for MAC
If not then either one of the other two
Epson VIVID will increase saturation a bit.
Adobe RGB is similar to sRGB but the gamut is larger
Use either one. Whatever you do, do not turn off color control like you did initially since MS Office apps do not have color control.

CRANK

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Thanks again for all the help. I'm printing using premium presentation matte and high quality settings so now I am actually printing black and not dark brown. When I select epson vivid, adobe rgb gamma 1.8, and adobe rgb gamma 2.2 my red is printing almost hot pink. When I turn off color management my red print correct but now my blue prints purple.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
You sure you need Adobe RGB? That might be the reason for hot pink because the Adobe RGB color space is bigger and the sRGB coordinates are pointing to pink and not red which is further out on Adobe RGB. This will sound like gobbly gook to you. Put it this way, if you don't know why you want Adobe RGB, then you probably should not be using it. It can cause problems if you don't understand what is going on.
OK use the Epson standard or vivid and play around in the slider by adjusting more or less magenta cyan etc. You're likely to find some thing suitable. I imagine for a decal or something it would suffice.

CRANK

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Yes gobbly gook haha. I am pretty new to this stuff. So in the epson vivid color controls which slider should I move?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The slider bars on the right will adjust how much each color will be adjusted. Now take a look at the preview screen. That will change as you adjust the controls. Now if your ink is not matching the OEM, that's OK. The slider and preview will give you an idea of the direction you're headed. Saturation will affect the "deepness" of all the colors. Whereas the Cyan Magenta Yellow will affect individual colors. Some colors shift quite a bit with a little shift, so gradual changes and MARK down the setting on the output, you you can retrace what you did and allow yourself to progress and not move around in circles. Mark your path. Contrast and brightness can also affect the colors as they are perceived but are not critical to you now.

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
Well I got myself an WF7015 myself for 90 inkl shipping of ebay I have to tries this beast