Epson V37 Scanner

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Converting printed images to files for website uploading by using a camera gets tedious, so I bought an Epson V37 scanner. It cost £69.99 in the UK (no doubt less in the USA), but it seems to be good quality and value for money, when compared with the higher range models.

It performs well and the resulting scans appear to be good. The next question was how to create a scanner profile. Grandad35 replied to another post on this subject a month or so ago, but looking into the matter, it seems that profiling is going to be much more expensive than the scanner itself.

Has anyone a suggestion for low cost profiling?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I know you don’t want to hear this but 90% of the cost of a scanner is usually the software package itself.

Normally with the higher-end scanners they have pretty good software which can handle profiling built-in, so if you can get a hold of one of these that you know would work with your new scanner that might be a cheaper option for you, sorry..

RogerB

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pro3880
Has anyone a suggestion for low cost profiling?
You can do it with Argyll, but you do need a test chart and associated reference file. I've never used Argyll for this but if you want to give it a try, PM me for some options.

George in Georgia

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 100, Epson R1800
You might look into Profile Prism http://www.ddisoftware.com/prism/ Purchase of the software on a CD ROM includes an IT8 reference target and good instructions. I've used it with good success in profiling my Epson V700 and creating profiles for an Epson R1800 with a CISS system. Time now to unleash it on my Pixma Pro 100.

George in Georgia

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 100, Epson R1800
I just looked at the Epson V37 on B & H's website. It doesn't mention the ability to scan negatives ... so profiling may be "gilding the lily." I've heard good things about the Epson V500, and my experience with the V700 has been good, but it's much more expensive.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
You might look into Profile Prism http://www.ddisoftware.com/prism/ Purchase of the software on a CD ROM includes an IT8 reference target and good instructions. I've used it with good success in profiling my Epson V700 and creating profiles for an Epson R1800 with a CISS system. Time now to unleash it on my Pixma Pro 100.

I just looked at the Epson V37 on B & H's website. It doesn't mention the ability to scan negatives ... so profiling may be "gilding the lily." I've heard good things about the Epson V500, and my experience with the V700 has been good, but it's much more expensive.

Thanks for the responses, I will have a look at ddisoftware. The other version of the V37 is the V370, which is available with a film attachment and costs a little more.