Epson T50 Photo Fades

ink-solutions

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson,Canon,Hp,Brother
Which printer is a good pigment ink printer that works well with CISS..?

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
T50 works good with a ciss only thing you need is a custom ICC profile for the pigment ink and paper you are using to since there is no exact match on aftermarket pigment ink Vs claria inks.

i belive the 1400 shares the same print head, I do own a p50 (so called here in germany) and a 1400 myself both with refillable cartriges and dye ink, i auctioned them on ebay since I change my setup to R1800 and 2100
these printers use pigment inks natively.

If your even earning money with selling photos you should really consider colormangement solution for your printers to create your individiuall ICC profiles, so you 'll be eliminating all
color shifting problems with aftermarket / bulk ink.

I startet printing "heavy duty" on serveral epson R800 printers for friends and customers.

ink-solutions

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson,Canon,Hp,Brother
What do you mean by ICC profile ? I just want my pic's to stay bright an not fade.. Tell me what i should do..!

ink-solutions

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson,Canon,Hp,Brother
Hello all. I want to use an epson T50 to print photos.. want to use pigment ink what should i do to print long lasting nice prints..?

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
An Eppson T50 uses Claria inks, which are dye inks. Switching to pigment inks may cause considerable clogging problems (or may not).

For the longest lasting "nice" prints from the T50, it would be optimal to use OEM inks and OEM paper. Period.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Your best bet is going to be to get a native photo printer that uses pigment inks. Newer printers of that type are expensive but there are plenty of old units out there that can, with a little work, be resurrected and turned into fully operational printers again.

Ones to look out for are:

R800

R1800
R1900
R2400

R2000
R2880

... and even Photo 2100 or 2200 (depending on where you are in the world)

You'll want to learn how to handle printhead cleaning manually, which in turn means getting a good quality printhead cleaning solution and an understanding of "patience = success" instead of "impatience = dead printer!"

The rest is you spending some time on the forums, reading and learning the ropes. Nobody is going to spoon feed you but you'll win yourself points if you chip in with what you've learned, found and share it back with the community. T'is all give and take here :)

As for the T50, yes you can use it with Pigment inks but as noted previously you're likely to put yourself into a world of hurt if you go that route as soon as the printer hasn't been used for a while and I recently wrote up a long article on the in's/outs of CIS use with pigment inks so well worth starting there on your reading/research:
http://www.wasteink.co.uk/service-required/pigment-ink-cis-systems/

Good luck :)