Epson T50 Photo Fades

ink-solutions

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson,Canon,Hp,Brother
Hello all.. I am having a problem with photos fading.. i am using a Epson T50 printer to print photos an they fade in under a month. I am using a dye based CISS on my printer. What you guys think the problem is ?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
As Santer mentioned... ink is only part of the equation... a good paper is the other part that most folks forget.

ink-solutions

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson,Canon,Hp,Brother
So is it the ink or the paper ?

ink-solutions

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson,Canon,Hp,Brother
but i am using a paper that claims to be UV resistant..

santer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If the paper is UV Resistant, then I would change the ink, though you could try your paper on a friend's printer, preferably one using genuine inks first

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
ink-solutions, while a possibility could be with the ink, but could be likely to do with your paper and the way how your printout is stored. A lot of paper made by China 3rd party manufacturer is more susceptible to fading. Why not just get a pack of original paper from the Epson to test whether if it's paper that is causing the accelerate fading problem you had. After printing, store the the paper in an album or glass or something that will minimized the explosure of the print surface to ozone and direct light. And another piece store in the same condition as the one (the paper) that is causing the print to be fading under a month. Compare the end result, that will tell whether if the culprit is you paper. Afterall, since you mention, that your current paper takes under a month for the fading to show up, so the test is not going to take very long to find out.

ink-solutions

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson,Canon,Hp,Brother
Ok. Thanks for that. But i print for customers, i cant tell how they are stored, but i am almost sure that my customers don't store in direct sunlight. I am also finding that i have to clean the printer head everyday or sometimes twice a day, it just print with lines.. I just dont know what to say or do. I am using dye based ink.