Epson Stylus SX218 prints with gaps

Eirini 992

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson stylus sx218
Hello all,

I haven't use my printer for a year and now I have a problem. The printer prints with horizontal/vertical gaps ( as you can see in the photo ) I have run the head cleaning a lot of times but this didn't solve the problem.I have also replace the ink cartridge with new ones, and I have also clean the printer heads.
It is strange that this is happening only with the black colour, when I am printing in blue for example it works fine.

ANY advise is helpful !!

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 322

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
What does a nozzle check look like? Can you post a good image of the nozzle check here? I would guess it is a bank of nozzles in black not printing (for some reason, to be determined).

Eirini 992

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson stylus sx218
Hi!
Thanks a lot for your reply,
Here is how the nozzle check looks like :

Attachments

• IMG_0773.JPG
    IMG_0773.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 290

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
You have a bank of nozzles not printing (duh!). Either there is a clog in those nozzles, or there is air in the system, or those nozzles have failed. Some of the neighborig colors are no proper, either. I would attempt soaking the nozzles on a peice of paper towelling dampened with "Windex Original Glass Cleaner".

Others feel free to chime in...

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Get yourself some 10% ammonia bottle from local pharmacy, and a small syringe 2cc or so. Drip the ammonia onto ink inlets and like turbguy said use some "soaking the nozzles on a peice of paper " but make sure you use high quality paper that is lint free.