Epson Stylus Photo 1500W Help.

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I need some help as to see what is going on with my printer which I think is a clogged Head, I have tried cleaning through the maintenance tab with no success, then I ordered this printhead cleaning here
http://www.inkowl.com/?p=product&product=6218
which did not do anything and the product isn't at fault, Ink Owl is a pretty good company;)
anyway I am attaching 2 scans maybe someone can help me out thanks.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x293/SpartanWarriors/Epson/4_zps7xxgz95a.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x293/SpartanWarriors/Epson/31_zpsq43w7t9x.jpg

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
please let me ask you some question around this problem - which inks are you using - original Epson or refill ? Did this problem occur suddenly or was it creeping in and getting worse over a period of time ? Have you done something specific like changing the ink supplier and the problem showed up ? Did you have that problem before but it went away ? Was the printer idling for a long time ?
It may very well be a clogged printhead, clogged nozzles. You did a cleaning cycle , did the missing nozzle remain the same or did they change ?
Or it could be something with the ink supply - there is not enough ink coming from the cartridge into the printhead, this could be a cartridge problem, where the fiber cone picks up the ink in the cartridge outlet, the valve may not open well, or the filter in the cartridge is clogged. I'm just pointing out some more or less probable causes for the effect you have, and possibly more which we either need to exclude or identify.

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
please let me ask you some question around this problem - which inks are you using - original Epson or refill ? Did this problem occur suddenly or was it creeping in and getting worse over a period of time ? Have you done something specific like changing the ink supplier and the problem showed up ? Did you have that problem before but it went away ? Was the printer idling for a long time ?
It may very well be a clogged printhead, clogged nozzles. You did a cleaning cycle , did the missing nozzle remain the same or did they change ?
Or it could be something with the ink supply - there is not enough ink coming from the cartridge into the printhead, this could be a cartridge problem, where the fiber cone picks up the ink in the cartridge outlet, the valve may not open well, or the filter in the cartridge is clogged. I'm just pointing out some more or less probable causes for the effect you have, and possibly more which we either need to exclude or identify.
I am using the precision colors ink but that's not the problem as I have been using them for a while but now have ink owl in which I haven't used yet because of this problem, my printer sat for a month unused but it started doing that when the ink monitor came up and said I need to refill, so I went to the printer and since that cartridge had ink in there I just took it out and put it back in and forgot about it until my colors didn't look right on my prints, so basically I did about 3 prints with an empty cartridge and that's when the problem started. But I have read that if you aren't using the printer for a while to turn it on every 3 days and if you go on vacation leave it on, is this true? my canon printer can sit for a month and it will print perfectly not so with epson printers I guess, thanks;)

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
refill your cartriges
prime them (to suck any air trapped inside them out)
reset the chips with the reseter if you have one
install all cartridges
run two cleaning cycles
and let the printer sit for at least 12 hours
your nozzle check should be ok now

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
refill your cartriges
prime them (to suck any air trapped inside them out)
reset the chips with the reseter if you have one
install all cartridges
run two cleaning cycles
and let the printer sit for at least 12 hours
your nozzle check should be ok now
Thanks but you can't use a reseter with the Epson 1500W as they auto reset when you take the cartridge out and in again, but how do you prime the cartridges? any tutorials on line?

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
I have no 1500w - but most "auto reset chips" can be resetted manually too, whenever you want. Auto reset only works if the cart is reported empty by the printer.
For priming you could pull a few ml out of the ink outlet. Insert a syringe without needle in the ink outlet, be careful as this may be very tight (..I just destroyed the rubber gasket of one cart..). While pulling you have to tilt the tip of the syringe a bit so that the ink flow is not blocked.
In addition to cls - check the capping station / purging unit, because this is a substantial part of priming cleaning and maintenance.. google for instructions.