Epson Still The Way To Go For CIS?

Synomenon

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a Canon MX870. I'm interested in setting up a CIS (or is it CISS?) system for it. I've read though that there are other brands that work better with these CIS setups. Is that still true? If so, can anyone recommend a current model from whichever brand works best with these CIS systems? I'd like an all-in-one unit (printer, scanner, copier, fax).

Thanks. Oh, I'm located in the USA if that helps.

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I'm not sure at what level your printer is. I have used an Epson 1400 refurbished printer for around three years now with both CIS and the flip top damper chip set arrangement. I'm very happy with the full color prints we get and this printer prints all the way up to 13x19 inch prints. I also have an Epson Artisan 725 that prints well but only up to 8 and a half x 11 print size. Both are 6 color printers and both use Claria (type) dye based ink! I have almost zero problems with these two printers. The Artisan is faster if that is a concern. Ink Republic sells good ink and also InkJetCarts which I think is cheaper for basically the same ink!

Synomenon

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
What CIS system do you use for both of your Epson printers?

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I just happen to like the inkjetcarts system but I hear that other companies sell much the same equipment.
My personal preference is due to the good experiences I have had and in no way is prejudicial or against any other company. As I said several companies sell much the same equipment so all are fine to use. Just do you own research and look for CIS systems online or in this venue.