Epson SC P800 ink marked Korea Only

Tony4597

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Surecolor SC P800
Yes I think I tend to agree these cartridges grey market and Epson will not like this and of course will not offer any warranties. I do not have any problems with grey imports and accept that this is my risk. What I do find distasteful is for a manufacturer to seemingly price based on what the market can stand leading to in some cases really big differences in cost, accept of course that customer service and back up needs to be accounted for

There is an EU law I believe although I have not seen it basically saying:
EU law that will ban printer firms from forcing consumers to buy their own-brand refills
There is/was concern about these smart cartridges going to landfill. No idea how this will affect us in the UK as we are now out of the EU

Have just received another reply:
update from our service team they would not recommend using the 'Korea Only' as the UK cartridges will not have this information on.

And the suggestion contacting the seller to enquire about the origin of the cartridges

I am happy enough to accept that these are genuine cartridges as I have been told as much by Epson as well as the seller. I am making assumptions that the formulation of the inks is exactly the same wherever it is purchased from.

So I am just going to install when needed as normal

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thanks for the follow up on Epson. Good luck. Happy printing.

der Koekje

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
SC P800
Just curious: how good was the deal and is it still available? I have no qualms buying grey market. Anything for a deal. :)

Latest posts