Epson R230 CISS HELP!!

deip89

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have recently purchased Epson230x and a CISS unit along with it. I wanted to use it for sublimation printing. However the CISS came filled with inkjet ink, which I later wanted to replace with sublimation ink. I was however warned by a friend that it might just damage the printer while using different variety of ink.

Now, do i have to replace the CISS unit or do i have to buy a new printer for using the sublimation ink set?

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
You really should buy a new CIS or refillable carts. You shouldn't mix the inks, and there isn't really any good way to "rinse out" a CIS, if you used distilled water then you'd still have to get all the water out of it.

You should contact your supplier and see if you can buy just the cartridges/"dampers" and the tubing. If you have a reset chip bar separate from the cartridges you can just change the carts. The bottles you could rinse and dry out. Distilled water only! You don't want any hard water residue in there.

deip89

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks a ton,at least wont have to buy a new printer!! that would have really been hard on me.. :)

deip89

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
btw, I have used the CISS with inkjet inks.. now if I replace the CISS and pour the sublimation ink, will the printer get damaged?

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
You may want to get some refillable cartridges with cleaning fluid in them, and "rinse" the printer before you put in different inks.