Epson R2000 resetter for R2000 refillables

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi Joe,

You can give it a try and see if they are reset properly. If so I might order the same cartridges you have. It could be your older version carts can be reset.
@pharmacist is it really necessary to go to all that trouble to get the chips to be accepted by the printer, could you not seek out just new replacement chips and transfer them to your existing cartridges..

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Will do. They are whatever PC is selling. Unless he has changed sources.
Joe

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
So I am still looking for resettable chips for my Epson R2000, which can be reset at any moment/time to prevent the dreadful cascading ink wasting procedure.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Are you referring to having to reset only one chip at a tine rather than all at once so you do not end up doing individual ink purges every time you reset one. But don't you just top off all 8 carts and reset them by shorting out the two round chip terminals? Or are you talking about some other system or method.

Have you considered the newer push button type? They can be refilled while still in the carriage and reset at ANY time by pressing a button that is located in the rear of each cart unit.
I also have a type that relies on a separate cart or damper holder that then is inserted like any other cart and can also be reset at any time.

I did a video on those.

Joe

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi Joe,

Actually both options I am now considering. I have these push button type carts, but no way to reset them....unless they are registered as empty: this is the reason I bought the resetter, hoping it could overrun this particular behavior. I have contacted several suppliers and they say there push button carts cannot be reset unless it registers as empty.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Have a look at the carts I am talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzYreszSdAMJump to the 20 minute mark and watch me show the carts displayed at different ink levels on the ink monitor on my PC screen and then I reset them one by one.
Other brands may not work. Though I can short out reset any of my non push button carts to full even when not empty.

Can you share you cart's source as I have not found any that will allow me to reset then to full whenever I wish to.

Joe

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
The link redirects me to some text having nothing to do with printer carts

"
If you’ve landed on this page, you may be wondering exactly what it’s all about.
We’re Skimlinks — a service that helps online publishers earn money.
When links in publishers’ content lead their users to click through and buy from an online retailer, we make sure they’re rewarded!
We aim to make our service seamless and unobtrusive, so your user experience should not be interrupted. If you’ve landed on this page and didn’t mean to, unfortunately you’ve most likely clicked on a broken link along the way. Links can be broken if they are badly formatted; if you spot any again, we’d advise reporting these to the site owner.
- Team Skimlinks "

Well, when I reset my set to full after topping them off and still in the carriage the print does go through an ink purge. I don't think there is any way to prevent that from occurring. The only think I love about these carts is that I really never have to remove them from the printer.

Joe

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi Joe,

I think the problem is I gave the link directly from my eBay account.

This is a print screen of it:

ebayr2000carts.jpg

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Yes those are different to mine. I will take a snap of mine and post it.
Mine are a two piece unit. One holds the chips and acts as a holder for the internally held ink containers, carts, dampers or whatever you want to call them.

Joe