Epson R200

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
Hi
Can anyone please tell me if I can use pigment ink in this printer.
Thanks

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I would assume you can, at your own risk. I think I did it before switching over to the at that time newer model R265. I was running pigment inks on a R265 for quite some time without much problem, it may clog a little bit faster on idling times, the R200 nozzles are a bit wider than on a R265 - slightly larger droplets. And you would need to create icm-profiles for the inks and papers in use. If I remember correctly there is an ink release spot at the left of the print path, discharging ink into a piece of foam which is connected with the waste ink reservoir. If you use pigment inks you need to monitor that spot for pigment ink smear build up after some time, you just would need to wipe it away.

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
@Ink stained Fingers do you refill the cartridges the same way as I do my canon ones. Does the chip need to be reset.
How was the quality of pictures from this printer
Thanks again for all your help

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I don't know how you refill your Canon ones, you would need refill cartridges, they are spongeless, you cannot refill genuine Epson cartrides easily, but that's all more than 10 years ago. But yes, it was a photo printer with light colors, quality was o.k. But how are you getting now a R200, is it running o.k. with a clean nozzle check ? Do you want to keep it running for some special purpose ? You may use the WICReset utility to get information about the number of pages printed with the status report.

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
@Ink stained Fingers I have a chance to get the R200 really cheap it's in good condition so was willing to give it a go and keep it for pigment ink

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
Can anyone recommend the best pigment ink for Epson printers.
I have been looking at Ocp and octoinkjet inks which one of those work best or is there another manufacturer which gives better results.
Thanks again

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
@Ink stained Fingers thanks for the link alot in it was far too technical for me but I got some good information from it. I noticed that the thread was from 2012 has there been any improvements in the five years and has another got an experience with pigment ink for octoinkjet .
Thanks again for all your help

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
A new ink generation got onto the market since then - inks compatible for the newer Epson P600/800 printers, but again it's a matter of your test and assessment whether such inks would give any benefit over the more typical Ultrachrome K3 compatible inks. I think you would get decent inks from octoinkjet.