Epson Photo Stylus 1400 Reset

brightrock

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Richard, did you ever get this issue resolved. I'm afraid I'm in the early stages of the same problem. My Epson 1400 has stopped registering any ink in my OEM cartridges. The funny thing is that it registers ink with my UFO refill system (it was installing this that caused the ink level reading problem, or at least I didn't have a problem until I installed this). It won't print anything with the UFO system though, it acts like it's working but the paper is blank. The contacts also look clean and I have cleaned them again as well, just to be sure.

So I'm very curious if you ever found a solution.

Thanks,

Peter

rckowal

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Peter,

Although I tried everything under the sun, I was unable to resolve this issue, so the 1400 went to the landfill. After tracking down this down, my best guess is that the processor died. They're just too expensive to replace.

However, in your case it doesn't sound like the same type of problem. Not registering ink status after OEM cartridges are pulled - then put back in - usually means that the printer thinks the OEM cartridge is empty. If you have a chip re-setter, you might try that. It will make the chip tell the printer that new "full" cartridges have been installed.

I don't know what you mean by "UFO" system. It it's a continuous ink system, it sounds like there may be a problem with the chips. I would contact it's maker to see what they recommend.

Good luck, Richard

brightrock

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I put in a brand new cartridge as well, and it didn't register that either. The UFO is just a refill system with chips and damper-less, vacuum-less tank. I think I may have air in the head. I ran a charging cycle without tanks in the printer at one point in the process, after which the problem showed up... anyhow, I ordered a refurb replacement for $149 from Epson USA today with free shipping. So, I've pretty much guessed that it won't work again. Any ideas will be tried if anyone has any input.

Thanks for the response!

Peter