Epson L800 Experience

Nozzle

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 9900/9880/9600/3880/3800
Even if Epson was selling L1800 series printers in Australia, for someone who is even a bit serious about printing their photos, it would make much more sense to buy a used 3800 or 3880 instead (and still have some cash left for ink or whatever). This way you can use both blacks - matte and photo, would never worry about waste ink since they have maintenance tanks, can take thick media easily, print up to A2, have extra black inks for b/w printing etc.. In fact I can't think of a scenario when an L1800 printer would be more desirable.. unless someone hates refillable cartridges (or refilling originals) and just wants a printer with a nice built in ciss for easy refilling and doesn't mind paying a few hundred $$ extra for it..

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10 - Epson L1800
i read all of this comment can someone tell me the difference between L800 and L1800, second u said about a bottle reseter wich one do you use and wich third party ink do you use ??? another questions what about the printer quality on 12 X 12 paper compare with a R3880 thanks in advance my idea is to print photos for albums using epson and later compare using a canon but eco tank is a good solution for refills and used another dye ink supplier for low cost with the same quality.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
the L800, L805 with WLAN is an A4 printer, the L1800 prints A3. All these printers are dye ink printers, not pigment ink like the Pro 3880. Bottle codes , plenty of them , are available in the internet or you use the WicReset utility to reset the bottle code memory in the Printer instead.
I'm using dye ink by Fujifilm for their commercial Drylab printer series and tab the ink from 200ml or 500ml cartridges. These are the best when it comes to resistance against light etc, see my extensive tests here http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/which-pigment-ink-for-epson-1500w.9323/page-20#post-92690. If you print for albums you won't have that much light exposure so lots of other inks would be suitable e.g. those by precisioncolors for the Epson photo printers 1400/1500W. The print quality should compare to Canon, and it depends very much as well on the type of paper used, and you need in all these cases - 3rd party ink and 3rd party papers- to create and use icm-printer profiles for the correct rendering of colors.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Stained , today epson gives me this epson i will like your advice configuration for print on this model in 4 x 6 photos on glossy photo paper, i need what software you use and the setting that u use or some tips or recommendations i will be testing it until arrives the L1800 model, was too many years i had used one epson thanks in advance.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
there is noting special with the driver, you can select the paper format, the paper type - glossy - matte etc, and there are a few quality settings like photo or Photo RPM, don't use RPM, that's very slow and does not improve anything what you can see. There is a selection for the borderless option, and there are color adjustment options in the extended menu like ICM or color controls. That's an area where you need to test your preferred settings. You can download the driver from the Epson websites and can go through the driver settings for information, you don't need to have the printer connected to the computer yet. And you need to download the WIcReset utility so that you later can reset the ink counter levels at the time when you do your first refill after the initial fill-up.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
For now epson gonna gave me the ink and the paper that was the reason that i asked cause u have more experience with epson i need to show them the best result i can bring in photo 4 x 6 and make some others people get involve withe product so i will be able to get the epson L1800. That is why i got this project cause i will be able to get oem ink for scrapbooks project.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I can't tell you more - go and start testing, I'm not printing normally 4x6" but A4, I'm not using the Epson inks but other inks with a color profile and I'm printing with Qimage.