Epson L4150 or L4160

dragann

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L4150
I'm using this printer for some time with original epson ink. Now I decided to try some other ink and I purchased dye black ink but us I can see on net this printer is using pigment black and CMY dye ink.
Can I mix dye and pigment black ink in my printer or is it better to stick with original?
Tnx in advance
Dragan

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
It all depends what you want to acheive with a dye black instead of a pigment black or what you accept,
you can swap inks technically - dye vs. pigment - in Epson printers - but be aware that color prints may look different.
And there are other caveats - the dye black does not give as sharp edges on letters as with a pigment black, the dye ink spreads along the fibrious paper structure. And there could be another issue - dye inks typically have less stability against fading caused by exposure to light, UV, ozone and alike. And be aware that 3rd party refill inks typically do not give you the same performance as Epson inks in such a case.

dragann

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L4150
Tnx for your response.
Only thing that I want to achieve is cheaper printing. Not very interested in quality. I just worried is there a chance to ruin printer head with this mixing pigment and dye ink.