Epson L1800 missing nozzle problem, please help

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I don't know which type of cleaner you are using at this time; your clogs are very persistent, you may give a try for a mix of some purified/destilled water and a few % of ammonia, some household cleaners use it as well

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Even if it is often recommended to use a pure alcohol as a print head cleaner, I think it is a bad idea. The inks are water based and pure alcohol is a desiccant, meaning it can extract water from the ink and actually make clogs worse. Instead a cleaner containing a diluted alcohol is recommended, for instance pharmacists cleaning solution, that contains 20% isopropyl alcohol and 1% ammonia. A window cleaner with ammonia is also recommended.

ali_911

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson L 1800
Update;

Black nozzle is still missing but, the lines appears less when I use high quality of printing option. I'll leave it for a while to see if it goes itself. If not, then I'll use ammonia & water mix. Thank you everyone for your help.

ali_911

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson L 1800
A few years ago I made a little test that shows that water based inks don't dissolve in a pure alcohol. See this post.
I didnt use alcohol option because of trusting your experience. But ı worked so much on it and want to leave it for a while before I use water & ammonia mix.

ali_911

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson L 1800
Hello Everyone.
Hope you all keeping well and busy.
I just like to give you an update on my previous problem. As you all know I spent a lot of time and numbers of methods for missing black nozzle.

I finally could unblock the printer head by using alcohol, warm water and windex mix. I've pushed the mix on to printer head and left it for a night. I had to run head cleaning for 2 times and then miracle happened.

Just wanted to share this experience with you all so you may want to try in future : )

Attachments

• edcfc796-25ed-4ecc-9959-7e18c2dfcd13.jpg
    edcfc796-25ed-4ecc-9959-7e18c2dfcd13.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 751