Epson L1300? L1800? Or something else?

Apostolos

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
1500w, M2170, G5040, X464
If you’re going to attempt to do your own advertising leaflets then the paper is far more important than which ink you use whether it’s dye or pigment.

You’ll need good quality Matte / Satin 100 gm or 120gm digital copy paper, most copy shops will stock it and Oki, Canon and Xerox are the most popular ones to use.

Good luck with your project.. :)
Thanks!
I've had some experience with leaflets, and i know the papers that will work well with this kind of project. I just never tried a mass production, because all the printers i own, even with compatible inks, cost much. But i see now that the latest generation of printers for mass production copies, have droped the ink cost per page, so i thought i'd give it a try. I want to do it for the joy of printing mostly:). I don't even know if i'm going to save money or not.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Last time I checked OCP 1L printer ink price it allowed me to print way cheaper than commercial xerox laser print shop would. So I think if you will use bulk ink in 1L bottles then you no doubt will save allot !

Apostolos

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
I think i'm close to a decision.
The best choice for me, after consideration would be L1800. It has both the ITS that i want for mass production, and 6 cartridge color set for better printing results. But costs a bit much. So i have to comprimise with something cheaper.
One the one hand there is L1300 with the ITS, but only four color cartridges
One the other hand the 1500w, the same machine as L1800 but with no ITS.

I'm leaning towards 1500w for better printing results, and because i can easily found empty reffilable cartridges and ink, that will drop the cost to the levels of te L1800 (almost there anyway).
What do you think between 1500w and L1300? Am i making the right choice?

As for the cartridges, i like what @cls has posted from ebay.de, but the postage is to much to come to Greece. Almost the price of the cartridges. I have found similar cartridges in Greece, and i need your opinion (from what you can make out of the photos in the link) . Will they be ok?
http://www.perfectprint.gr/products...for-epson-1400-t0791-6-6col-refillable-detail

They also come in a set of 6X100ml for each color:
-Pigment ink set: http://www.perfectprint.gr/products...00-t0791-6-6col-refillable-set-pigment-detail
-Dye Ink Set:http://www.perfectprint.gr/products...n-1400-t0791-6-6col-refillable-set-dye-detail

What are your opinions?

Apostolos

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
I just went ahead and ordered an Epson 1500w. Hope i won't regret it.:D
After the purchase of the OKI MC332 and now of the 1500w, a few weeks apart, i'm done for 2014. :)

Thanks for all the help guys!;)