Epson L130 for T-shirt Transfers

Ayman

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L130
Hi,

I am a newbie in the T-shirt printing business.. just bought an Epson L130 and figured out that I better have bought one that uses Pigment ink.

Which do you think is better; to get an Epson printer that uses the DuraBrite ultra pigment ink like the "Epson stylus C88+" or is it better to fill the L130 I have with Pigment ink ?

Ayman

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I think you should check the various options for T-Shirt print, the classic approach is the sublimation process, you use a special sublimation ink and print onto a transfer sheet, and the ink is transferred from there onto the fabric with a heat press. This requires fabrics with a min of 50% polyester. There are specially modified printers on the market for a direct print to garment -DTG process , but this as well works with a special ink set. The standard ink sets -dye or pigment - don't give professional results - the inks easily wash out or fade away. So the choice of the necessary hardware should be driven by your plans including considerations of the business volume . Are you planning to print on demand - or preproduce particular production runs - e.g. 10 of each motive and size ?
The C88 is a long gone old printer model, there are today other printers running with the Durabrite pigment ink set by Epson.

Last edited:

akramjef

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson p50 printer
I agree with ink stained fingers,printing on fabrics require a minimum of 50% polyester content, the more polyester content the better the result, or use polymer coated fabrics. the printing process is by sublimation ink if you want long lasting printing , this sublimation guide will help you in your project.

http://www.printerknowledge.com/members/ink-stained-fingers.11691/

Attachments

• sublimation_guide_2015_update_-_en_web.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 691

FittBoy

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Office Jet Pro 8025
Hi,

I am a newbie in the T-shirt printing business.. just bought an Epson L130 and figured out that I better have bought one that uses Pigment ink.

Which do you think is better; to get an Epson printer that uses the DuraBrite ultra pigment ink like the "Epson stylus C88+" or is it better to fill the L130 I have girls sweatpants with Pigment ink ?

Ayman
Wow it's been very helpful! I'm 20 and in January I started out of boredom a shirt business. So I felt it'll be a wonderful method to obtain experience and test my social media skills. I study fashion at school. I haven't spent so long working on it (because of school) but I've still got about 18,000 twitter fans, 16,000 Instagram fans and 2500 dollars in sales. Thank you for providing this since it's important to know for everyone who began or is considering beginning a t-shirt!

Last edited: