Epson ET-7750 print register issues from rear feeder

pdan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
I've got a strange issue with the printer. It prints OK from the front paper tray, but prints like this from the rear paper feeder.

Attachments

• IMG_0588.JPG
    IMG_0588.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 39

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
What type of paper are you using ? Please print and post a nozzle check print .

pdan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
Thanks for the reply. I'm testing with uncoated plain papers. I've done print head algnment checks. As I said no issues when printing from the front tray.

Attachments

• IMG_0589.JPG
    IMG_0589.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 36

pdan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
Similar section via front tray:

Attachments

• IMG_0590.JPG
    IMG_0590.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 33

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
There seems to be a kind of offset for part of the image, your page count is not that high yet, but the problem could be an issue with the coding strip which a sensor is scanning to position the printhead. That is a gray plastic strip which passes through a sensor at the top rear of the printhead carriage, and this band can be cleaned carefully with window cleaner . It is hidden underneath a metal rail . There is as well a tooth belt at the bottom. This is an image of an ET-8550, but the print mechanism is pretty similar/the same to the one of the ET-7750.

Coding Strip.jpg

You may for a further test print the nozzle check print, scan it and save it as a graphics file (**.tif) and print it with different quality settings and feed the paper from the front or the rear. Do you have an extended driver setting for bidirectional printing on/off ? Some Epson drivers do and others don't.

Last edited:

pdan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
Wow! Thanks! Just now made a test print .... it looks good. Will test more tomorrow.

pdan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
All is good. Big thanks!!
Could you help with black track marks I'm getting with certain uncoated papers. In this case Arches HP 180gms. Also as you see from photo, there are slight over spray issues ?

Attachments

• IMG_0591.jpg
    IMG_0591.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 34

pdan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
BTW. I"m testing out PrintFab. The abve print was made using unidirectional.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Where are these track marks - on the front- or backside of the paper ? If it is on the frontside it might be an issue with the paper - slightly wavy so that the nozzle plate touches the paper ? You might check as well the driver settings - the extended settings on the maintenance tab, there should be some setting possible for thick paper or the platen gap. Or try the envelope setting which should work as well for matte, etc, normal paper, not for glossy paper. The envelope setting widens the platen gap.

And you may check that there is not too much debris - ink smear/leftover - on the cleaning unit. Use a paper towel and some cleaner to wipe around and over the edges of the foam pad, there is a gap on the left edge, there is a rubber lid hidden which only raises up and wipes the nozzle plate from underneath when the printhead moves over it.

Pad.jpg

Get the printer clean and working properly before you start experimenting with Printfad. I tested it longer time ago but was not happy with it, it does not really give me more than what I can get with specific driver settings , specifically the dithering of uniform color areas creates some repeating patterns.

pdan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
Once again, Thank you so much!!

If you don't mind I would like to ask for your opinion. I want to print mostly on uncoated papers, such as Arches HP 180gms. Would I get better prints by converting the printer to a pigment ink set?