Epson ET-2750 Grainy/Speckly Prints....especially noticeable with light colors..they have tiny dark

rasparise

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-2750
Hello,

I've been having trouble getting a decent print. On yellows even when I have it C=0, M=0, Y,=100, K=0 I still get these dark speckles. Other light colors also have these noticeable speckles. I've tried four different papers (two white label papers, one white cardstock, and one white resin coated matte photo paper) and still get this graininess/speckling. I've tried changing the dpi, lpi (not that I really understand either)....tried messing with the ink density (didn't give this an honest attempt though....I think I decreased K...saw nothing and gave up). I did nozzle checks and head cleanings....no improvement. Only had the printer about a week. I hope it is just that I am an utter novice and this is not a crud box printer. Or maybe I am using low quality paper (Neenah Exact Index Cardstock, CompandSave Photo Paper, Online Labels Matte Label Paper, and Maco White Label Paper). I am trying to print out graphics....not photos...and was thinking a photo quality inkjet print would give me good results. If you zoom in on the photo you can see the speckles...especially on the lighter colors. Does anyone have any tips/solutions? Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_20180324_015741687.jpg
    IMG_20180324_015741687.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 376

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I must admit that I'm not sure yet from your image above to get your point really, you mention graininess and speckles, it woould help if you could scan part of your image above with a higher resolution, crop it to a smaller area to show more clearly your concern, and please post as well the original image file you are printing, just cropped to about the same part you are posting of your scan. This would make it easier to compare. Which driver settings and paper selection are you using in the driver ? We somehow need to separate the effects of the paper, driver settings and possible jpeg compression artifacts.
Crop.jpg
If you look to this magnified and contrast enhanced crop you mostly see jpg artifacts of your scan mixed with paper unevenness , you are far away from the actual resolution of the printer with this scan, how the nozzles place the ink onto the paper. What is the paper type you used for this print ?

Last edited: