Epson D88 - Information sought...

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Hi all,

For anyone whose spotted previous posts of mine you'll know I'm a bit of a Contiuous Ink nut and have a few plans afoot that involve a couple of printer types... One of those was the Epson C86 printer... but I've just recently found that Epson have just steam rolled through the new D88 printer in its wake, pretty much cutting off all supply of the older C86 unit.

My main interest is in respect of the ability to use refilled and/or Continuous Ink with the new D88 unit as the cartridges appear to be different and are likely to use a different chip, etc... to the C86 and C84 units.

Can anyone shed any light on this at all?

Thanks in advance for any assistance or info...

Martin

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
There's always something that trips you up and in this instance, the little niggle is that in the USA this printer is called the "C88".. From what I can see though they're the same printer..

Either way I've gotten bitten by the whole bug and opted to get one so I can test out CISs kits on it rather than watch my efforts on the C86 go to waste... I'll keep y'all posted :)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Right then folks.. Got myself a D88 and installed an Ink Republic CIS kit on it (for fun of all things :)) and found a few things that are relevant to CIS and others that are just general to the printer software/drivers, etc...

So if you want some intel on it, I've posted it up here:
http://www.allthefaqs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3763

The info on the status monitor in particular is bound to be useful..