Epson Artisan 837 cant print RED?

GLO

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi,

I am onto my 2nd CISS and Printer combo.
My original config was the Canon MP780 with CISS and 12 months ago I upgraded to the Artisan 837 as it was recommended by the CISS dealer due to the cartridges not moving and only the head tracking back and forth.

For some reason I cant print red, and when I print a full page of the 6 colours from http://www.marruttusa.com/printer-maintenance/inkjet-printer-purge-files.php it can print all 6 colours without issue. ie Black, Cyan, light Cyan, Magenta, Light Magenta and Yellow.

when I print a Nozzle check the 2nd last colour wont print very well at all.

When I print red, it does an atrocious job, as I can see yellow and orange with some banding. No RED

Not that this makes much difference but I am using the MIR-AUS CISS with their Korean Moorim Inks.

Appreciate all replies and suggestions in advance.

Attachments

• EPSON004.PDF
    276.1 KB · Views: 287
  • EPSON003.PDF
    113.6 KB · Views: 310
  • EPSON005.PDF
    274.6 KB · Views: 290

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
It looks like you're missing magenta altogether. or most of it.

Last edited:

GLO

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
thanks for your reply Mikling,

I love the concept of the CISS hence the 2nd round!

The Artisan was set up by MIR-AUS so I would be surprised if the M and LM were the wrong way around. (not that im doubting you)

Would head cleaner help?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Look at your nozzle check. Left to right...Dark Cyan. Yellow..Light Cyan. BLACK, then DARK MAGENTA...then Light Magenta.
Follow your nozzle check back to the cartridges and then ink lines and then back to the tank. Missing Dark Magenta or is it faint? or is it very light.
I think Dark Magenta is missing. You better correct the problem promptly or else you will end up with clogged nozzles in the printhead that is difficult to clear. Minimise use at this point until problem is resolved.